• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

17 inch wheel question

87_bigbadzuk

So I currently run 16x8 8x6.5 with 3.5 inch bs and 38s. I have Chevy 1 tons. I measured what I could and Im looking at 7 inche's from wheel mount to high steer arm. I found some new cragar soft 8s for 25$ really close to home but they are 17x9 and 5 inch bs. I'm dumb when it comes to measuring for wheels. I watched some vids and I understand the stuff somewhat. I'm new to 17 inch wheels to put my 42s on. I don't want to buy these wheels and do weld on locks just to have to buy spacers for them. Has anyone ran the 5 inch bs on a Chevy 60? I'm also curious how far the hub will stick out? My 16x8 steel wheels the hubs barely stuck out. Had plans to lock them but never did.

Well 1" wider rims with 1.5" more backspacing will allow your hub to stick out 1/2" further from the rim than it does now

I"d take some 17s for 25bucks. Give me a reason to get some better tires, not that I don't love my dry rotted TSLs.

So, a 17x9 then add a weld on beadlock, will that be too wide of a wheel. Seems these will fit just fine.