• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

18" SAW air's oil capacity

watkins

how much oil are you guys running in 18"ers and on what kind of rig?

played with it in the past but now running different links and starting over. :dunno:

what's the man. spec? not on the SAW site. :dblthumb:

wade

Look on SAW's website, add to capacity, absolutely as much as you can put in it per there spec, hell jump it up to a heavier weight too, and then bump it with nitro to ride height.

:dblthumb: On your rig if it were me, that is what I would do ! Hell thats what I plan to do to my rig soon... :woot:

( be ready cause Im bringing the nitro over to you this week SON... we gonna set that thing up , you need to be out on the town walkin that junk dood ! :dblthumb: )

Looking forward to seeing you man.

already checked SAW's and poly perf.'s sites. they use to have specs beside lengths and prices(oil capacity and weight). oh well, i believe 225/250 mL/cc was about right.

before i tried it all, been as high as 400 :flipoff1:.

wade

the max volume is easy to figure out... unscrew the shaft, fill it w. oil, screw it back together and remove the schrader valve... position the shock so that the schrader is your "bleed" point, highest point... now hook a tube to the schrader to prevent mess... fully compress the shock, the shaft diplaces the fluid and the amount that is left over is the max amount of oil...

now take the shock back apart, carefully as to not spill any oil... then measure the oil w/ a large syringe... there you have it, maximum ****in oil capacity...

i buy my syringes at a farm supply store, they are a buck a piece and i get the 60cc ones... grind the end smooth and you can use it to stick in the schrader valve to add oil.. add this w/ the cheap nitrogen valve and you have a cheap air shock tuning kit the CCE way....

Did mine just like dragbody, I got the syringe at Tractor Supply, the oil from my local motorcycle shop. I used the P method, filler to the rim and bump to ride hight, match the PSI on both sides and done!