• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 1984 6.2 diesel engine

Jeepnron

1984 6.2 diesel engine complete from fan to flexplate and air cleaner to exhaust manifolds! This engine is running everyday in a 1984 GMC 3/4 four wheel drive truck. It is a civilian truck and not a CUCV with only 133,XXX original miles. I drove the truck 250 miles this weekend alone and have been driving it at least a 100 miles a week since I bought it about four months ago. The engine runs good and needs nothing. I have owned three of these trucks and this one is by far the best running 6.2 I have owned. The glow plug light comes on and cycles one time and cranks right up! The air is even cold as ice! All buyers are welcome to come and hear it run before I pull it out, or we will drive it down the street. Any questions please let me know. I am located in Pinson, AL. Now $400 OBO (The starter alone is about $200 for one of these engines and this one is almost new!)

P.S. The only reason I am selling this engine is because I just bought a new Ram Jet 502 to go in this truck!!

Thanks,
Ron
205-706-2460

Here is a picture of the motor!

Attachments

• 6.2 motor.jpg
    6.2 motor.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 75
Here is a picture of the truck the motor is in now. Very clean and well taken care of square body.

Attachments

• GMC.jpg
    GMC.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 74
I'll wait till the 502 goes in. Then I'll take that off your hands. Nice truck. Keep us updated on the swap.

Thanks for all the compliments! As of this morning the engine is out of the truck and sitting on a pallet and ready for a new home. It would make a great complete engine for a cheap freshen up on an older truck or if you just would like to have an engine with tons of spare parts this will make a great one. Price drop since it is out of the truck to $400 OBO! :fish:

I have had some interest in this engine but not takers yet! I really need to make some room so "make me an offer I can't refuse" and come and get it!!! This is truly a great running engine for what it is.

Thanks,
Ron

If we can figure out a way to get it to the Louisville area I'd be all over it.

Anyone rolling that way?

Thanks! I will put it over there also. The only reason I have reduced the price is because I just need to make room. At $300 it should be a steal!

I know them pretty well and have a plan for one one day but ive got a different build going right now so im in no rush... if your tired of looking at it give me a haller... 6785886661 and ill come get it for 200

I will work on the trip to Louisville! I do go up that way occasionally. I will let you know when the next trip will be.
Thanks,
Ron