• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1989 ford f350 brake light wont come on

Torrance

the passenger side brake light wont work. all my fuses are good. bulb is good. power coming out of brake light switch is good. the wires that come out of the switch that go into the column change color . has anyone experienced this problem? is there some special part on fords that goes out like some type of power regulator box? thanks for any help

First question. . .? do u have a towing harness in back(the thing 2 plug a trailer in)???

My guess would be that somewhere in the transition from driverside back lights, down to the tailer harness and out 2 the passenger side that there is either a loose a just plain shitty ass connection in there. I would imagine if u crawl under that back you will find the problem.

If not pull the rear taillight housing out and check 2 see if that ground is still hooked up properly:awesomework:

Did you check to see if you have power to the socket that the bulb screws into? I know it seems a little obvious, but you didn't mention it.

Cpp13423.jpg

:D

Could be the switch, but double check that you don't have an issue with trailer wiring as mentioned above---really common... Check to see if your power and ground are good to the RR tail housing; if either one are no good, trace it forward from there....

Yep, I had the exact same problem on my '90. The brake light circuit runs through the multi-function switch in the column, and something went haywire with that switch and one of my brake lights wouldn't work. Replaced it with a donor from another parts rig my dad had, and all was well.