• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1990 yj 4.2

You can use Photobucket or upload them by using the "manage attachments" on the bottom of the reply box

so here it is i have not gone down to check it out yet but my best friend has had 2 jeeps and we are building a rock crawler so he is kind of my go to guy:looser:

Last edited:
How much do they want for it? I'd wheel it just like that until you get more experience.

6 g's i might be able to get him to 55 but he seems like a d-bag so idk. it looks like a solid rig from what i can see in in the pics like i said he has all the records from it witch helps me feel better about nit buying a peace of ****. i have already done that once and dont wanna do it again.

6 g's i might be able to get him to 55 but he seems like a d-bag so idk. it looks like a solid rig from what i can see in in the pics like i said he has all the records from it witch helps me feel better about nit buying a peace of ****. i have already done that once and dont wanna do it again.

Thats to much. I'll explain..

1. its a 4.2 carb'd
2. looks like its a little abused
3. check for rust. I see it's parked on the beach. Salt water eats them up.
4. How many miles??
5. nothing really special about it other than a lift and tires.

Ideally it's worth about $3500-4000.

ya i will do the usual rust check he said it has not really been wheeled and that they took it t ocean shores once and those are the only pics they have of it idk what i believe thanks for your in put ill see what come out of the offer
and idk on miles i will see if i can find it on craigs list again. it was the dudes girl friends and i believe that cuz of the gay ass flower in the back window.

that jeep has been on CL for months. he's obviously asking too much for it.

I'm just going to re-iterate what has already been said. that jeep is overpriced for what your getting. A newer YJ (91-95) or even a early TJ is a better platform to start with.

Just my $0.02 but start with a fuel injected motor, don't even waste your time or money on a carbed 4.2. (again 91 & up) After that as long as the mechanicals are in good order you can't go wrong, enjoy your new rig!

Whatever you buy, DO NOT get a 4cylinder. They are gutless and a waste of money. Later down the road you will wish you bought a 6 cylinder.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1076532950.html try this. this is the first one that doesn't work

Nice ride I would ask why the top end was rebuilt and maybe have a compression test done to check the bottom end.

What lift does it have a body or spring blocks or a suspension system (short arm long arm)?

But it would also be a good starting point and could be used as is to have lots of fun...

Latest posts