• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1996 ford powerstoke leaking

wayne_fj40

I'm leaking deisel I think its coming from the fuel filter area. Is there anything to really look for. I thought I had a rear main leak just add oil. Till I crawed under and smelled it ,but I have noticed going down the engine and leaking and coming down at the rear main area.

Look in the Valley of the engine. If it's full of oil then it's more then likely the HPOP fitting seals "Orings" Pretty cheep to fix and not to difficult to do your self. Good luck :beer:

if your getting diesel running out of the tranny area could be about 4 or 5 things usually its the fuel bowl or one of the lines hooked to it...Or o-rings on the fuel bowl...I do have a FPR and a Fuel bowl if you find that your fuel bowl is cracked...I got all my o rings and ect. from...

http://www.dieselorings.com/ :awesomework::beer:

When I got my '97 PSD, there was a leak in the same area. Turned out to be the sending unit for the fuel filter.

I'm leaking deisel I think its coming from the fuel filter area. Is there anything to really look for. I thought I had a rear main leak just add oil. Till I crawed under and smelled it ,but I have noticed going down the engine and leaking and coming down at the rear main area.
Fuel leaks---Most common are three things--
1---Mechanical lift pump, and/or hoses to/from it...
2---Fuel filter drain valve...
3---Water in Fuel sensor...This is an easy fix, just remove it and cap off the opening with an 1/8"NPT cap...If you are at all regular with filter replacement, you will NEVER see this light on except when cranking (bulb check)...Mine's been removed for 3+ yrs with NO issue...

The water in fuel sensor is the top sensor mounted to the side of the housing...Looks like an oil sender from the 70's/80's...