• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1999 Chev 1/2 ton rear end question

Gaylord

I sold my 99 to a friend it has 37's and he blew his spider gears. I know that rear end is weak but this truck is a hyway princess. Do you think that axle would hold up to a lunch box locker? Or is it just best to put spiders back in? The only wheelin the truck does is muddy logging roads and snow.
I told him no on the locker idea then thought maybe thats not good advice.

I sold my 99 to a friend it has 37's and he blew his spider gears. I know that rear end is weak but this truck is a hyway princess. Do you think that axle would hold up to a lunch box locker? Or is it just best to put spiders back in? The only wheelin the truck does is muddy logging roads and snow.

Nope--the carrier is very thin/weak.....

You could maybe try and locate a 6lug c-clip 14 bolt rear end(9.75" ring gear); they're alittle stronger than a 10 bolt 8.5".......