• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1st oil change on wife's ride

money_pit_yj

So my wife got a Highlander and I'm changing the oil. I have always done Chevy stuff but they wanted to charge my wife $135 for an engine flush and oil change. I have already filled athe crankcase with the flush, how long do I let it run once I take the drain plug out? Obviously it can't be to long or the motor will lock up, but how long is that flush stuff keep it safe to idle?. Gotta get it done tonight before she goes to work. Thanks!!!

I've used engine flush fluid and have made my own. Mostly for late 70 motors with 7 to 1 compression ratio that gum up real bad. It's mostly kerosene and when your done the motor leaks from every seal on it. Iv pulled valve covers off and can't even find the rocker arms.

I'm totally confused by this post. So you added some kind of engine flush fluid, pulled the drain plug and then ran the engine for 90 seconds with no oil pressure? Surely not..

tallnate said:
I'm totally confused by this post. So you added some kind of engine flush fluid, pulled the drain plug and then ran the engine for 90 seconds with no oil pressure? Surely not..

X2

I even checked the first post to make sure it wasn't posted on April 1st.

i think he dropped the mic and decided not to answer any more questions. however i though 7.5 hours was a good guess :dunno: :stir: