• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2.2 clod

hotwheels000

I am thinking about building a 2.2 clod based crawler. I was wondering if these perform any better or worse than a tlt based 2.2

Advantages ????????

Drawbacks??????????

Limitations on class---is it an unlimited 2.2 or just a standard 2.2 if I keep the wheelbase under 12.5 "

Give me your input

When my clod was in 2.2 form, I thougt it was too wide, but this could have been fixed with different wheels, and that it didn't have enough clearance under the gear boxes with the small wheels. That being said, check Grover's finish at Nat's to see how well a 2.2 Clod will do. It was also my first experience running gates, and I now know a lot more about setup and tire placement, and would probably fare a lot better. Personally, I like it better as a super, but I guess you already have a big Clod, and a 2.2 shafty, so why not a 2.2 Clod for the next project. I did really like the way my Clod looked as a 2.2 before I started hacking the body up, but it was also over-length at 14".

That's probably no help at all, but here are a couple pics of what mine looked like then.

crawler0139qy.jpg

crawlerm2ks001small0um.jpg

thanks todd, I am going to sell or trade the tube frame so I can build a 2.2 clod. I have a few ideas for a tosion stick with a hump. Been reading and thinking to much:D

Anybody got axles and wheeels and motors to trade for the sniper frame.