• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2 ****ed up stories

patooyee

I heard these stories on the news in the past few days and thought they were ****ed up enough to post.

1. I forget where but a mother and daughter lived in the top story of a duplex. Beneath them lived the owner of the duplex and HER daughter. One day the top story women noticed two armed men walk up to the front door and break in. They heard screaming and violence downstairs and called the police. The dispatcher said the police were on the way. The two women upstairs climbed onto their roof to hide because the only way out of the house was via stairs past the lower floor where the intruders were. The screaming and violence went on for 3 hours during which time the women on the roof saw 3 squad cars pass the building without stopping. They kept calling 911 to see where the cops were and the dispatcher kept saying they were on their way. Eventually a squad car stopped and knocked on the door. The screaming and violence stopped and the women on the roof lost sight of the cop, so they assumed the coast was clear. But in reality the cop just knocked on the door, no one answered, and he left. Without realizing the cop was gone the two women went downstairs and were captured by the assailants and repeatedly raped at gunpoint for the remainder of the day, just like what had been happening to the women downstairs. I don't recall how everyone escaped but apparently they did and spent several weeks in the hospital. After they healed they sued the cops and LOST. The judge cited that there is no law that holds police liable for the well being of citizens.

I say that any government who outlaws my right to protect myself or family using the justification that gun-free zones / laws and the police are enough SHOULD be held liable when there are victims as a result of the failure of those laws / zones / lack of police.

2. This one is shorter. It was a woman who was home alone and heard an intruder break in to her house. She hid in the closet and called 911 while she listened to the intruder ransack her house. The dispatcher said that all the officers in the area were on other calls and it could be a while before they get there, so just stay in the closet and be quiet and the intruder would probably leave shortly on his own. 15 minutes later he was still ransacking the house so she called 911 back and said that she had a gun to protect herself. The dispatcher said to hang tight, she was dispatching someone immediately and sure enough there was a cop there arresting the perp in 10 minutes.

WTF??? Who were they protecting? The woman or the perp???

Re: Re: 2 ****ed up stories

Extreme suckery there jj...
I will remain armed and continue encouraging my wife to shoot with me..

I've always heard (from my LEO friends and relatives) to tell the 911 dispatcher that you have a gun and are going to shoot the intruders/whoever of there is a real emergency, otherwise they get so many calls from paranoid old ladies and dumbasses that they just dismiss most calls.

So is the nature of things when you have so many people relying on the gov for protection.

If Anyone breaks into my house the cops won't be on the way till I (or my gf) have sufficiently aerated their body with 9mm holes

I have guns in the bedroom...I do not have a phone in my bedroom.

TBItoy said:
I have guns in the bedroom...I do not have a phone in my bedroom.

I like that statement. I installed a alarm keypad in our bedroom that will tell me where the intrusion happened so I can try to get to them before they get to us.

My former boss who lived in Bell Buckle TN had his front door kicked off of the hinges and inside his living room while he and his wife were sleeping a few years ago. He let out a war yell and grabbed his home defense 12 gauge out of the closet but they ran away before he had a chance to shoot them. One of his neighbors had 2 John Deere Gators stolen that night.

I read somewhere that the sound of a pump action shot gun is the most universally recognized sound among all cultures in the world.

patooyee said:
I read somewhere that the sound of a pump action shot gun is the most universally recognized sound among all cultures in the world.

I've had two occasions in my 65 years when the sound of cocking a weapon saved me from having to shoot someone. Jacking a round in the old 870 is all the warning I'm going to give.

Love having a killer dog in the back yard so all I have to worry about is one door that is far away from the bedrooms. Akitas are the best dogs because they will kill you. Then I have time to let the 40 sing.

on the 911 subject, it was posted about all the bs calls they get from old ladies, that may be true but also my wife has to call time to time when she needs help lifting a 200+ lb patient that has fell. She does home health care. One day she called 911 and no one answered, called again, called the police station and city hall til she finally got some help. f'd up lol

JJ, you are retelling the Warren v. District of Columbia case. Its probably the most qouted case for the police have no obligation to protect individuals.

Warren v. District of Columbia is one of the leading cases of this type. Two women were upstairs in a townhouse when they heard their roommate, a third woman, being attacked downstairs by intruders. They phoned the police several times and were assured that officers were on the way. After about 30 minutes, when their roommate's screams had stopped, they assumed the police had finally arrived. When the two women went downstairs they saw that in fact the police never came, but the intruders were still there. As the Warren court graphically states in the opinion: "For the next fourteen hours the women were held captive, raped, robbed, beaten, forced to commit sexual acts upon each other, and made to submit to the sexual demands of their attackers."

The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.'s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [4] There are many similar cases with results to the same effect. [5]

In the Warren case the injured parties sued the District of Columbia under its own laws for failing to protect them. Most often such cases are brought in state (or, in the case of Warren, D.C.) courts for violation of state statutes, because federal law pertaining to these matters is even more onerous. But when someone does sue under federal law, it is nearly always for violation of 42 U.S.C. 1983 (often inaccurately referred to as "the civil rights act"). Section 1983 claims are brought against government officials for allegedly violating the injured parties' federal statutory or Constitutional rights.

Old story or new story, it all still holds the same weight. There are bad people out there, and that # is increasing daily. If you expect to fight for life, even if it s just walking down the street or running an errand at the grocery store that next breath you take is not a god given right, you are fight ing for every single breath you take. Sometimes its a much harder fight. So who would you like doing that fighting? Yourself because it means life or death or the police that you dont know and has no interest in your implicit next breath?