• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

* 2-post Shop lift- Brands and Pics of your setup

zayne2427

There's only one way to find out
Spinoff of the shop thread. Pics of lifts and brand recommendation.
I decided the heck with buying a house and remodeling. I'm in the process of buying some land and will be building a 40x60 shop before I build my house so I will have a place to store all of my junk.

Let's hear some recommendations for Brands and sizes for a 2 post lift and some pics of your Post lifts in your shops. Hydraulic cylinder lifts vs chain lifts as well
Thanks for any and all help. Let's see what you got

Big fan of Rotary asymmetrical lifts, recently been working on a Rotary 12k lb symmetrical and I love it. Mini cooper to crew cab truck to big stupid camper vans all fit on it. Need about 13'6" for it to clear.

:dblthumb:

Attachments

• CAM01479.jpg
    CAM01479.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 135
Anybody heard or used the "triumph" brand. They are about 1700 delivered and rated for 9000 lbs, seems like a good deal.

I will be in the market soon but will only have around a 10' roof is there a lift for this hight

I've seen several different brands for sale some much cheaper than others

Rotary, danmar, titan, bend pax, tiger, brigidaer, kernal, challenger, triumph.

Its probably like everything else you get what you pay for. I was mainly curious about the $1500-$2800 lifts you see advertised on craigslist. Are they worth messing with?

jp fan said:
I will be in the market soon but will only have around a 10' roof is there a lift for this hight

I have personally never seen one and don't see the advantage of having one that short.

kmcminn said:
Where you moving to now Zayne.
We have a 12 acre tract of land on the back side of out subdivision that we never developed. I bought half aand dad bought the other half.

My 2 cents a lift is a lift not many parts that go out hydro cyclinder and electric hydro pump so just get one that works and you will wonder why you didn't get one sooner I bought a cheap ass one off Craigslist it is 10 years old works great

jp fan said:

So is mine. I honestly think my crawler roof would touch before the coilovers finished unloading to bring the first tire off the ground. :****:

Bought a Danmar 10k 2 post lift about six months ago an love it. My dad an I installed it, use it all the time. thumb.gif

Be sure if you are planning to install one when you build the shop or down the road you account for the concrete where it will be installed. It requires a stronger grade to prevent ripping out of the floor once installed.

One thing I would recomend is get a clear floor lift nothing worst than having a center plate on the floor when using transmission jack

well apparently photobucket is closed, I will post a pic of mine when I can... jccarter is right if you have the option get one without a floor plate... it is slightly inconvenient at times, but workable. I got mine from a buddy who knew someone closing his shop, its an old as hell rotary(sorry had ramsey there before, don't know why) but works great. like was said before not much to break (I did have to replace the hydro line on mine). word of warning you will get spoiled! I hardly ever use a jack anymore.

and my ceiling is 12 feet, built the building for the lift (had the lift before the shop), I've had full size trucks and such on there with the hood open and never hit anything so I'm sure if your careful 10 would be fine...

I will be building a 40x60 with prob 12' sidewalls. I planned on putting 16" wide x 24" deep pillars with rebar under where the 2 post will be mounted... The rest of the shop will be either 4" or 6" concrete. Will this be sufficient?
I sure hope I don't ever have to use a floor jack again. I've been wanting a lift for a long while.

You don't need that deep of concrete for the lift it can actually be put on a 4 inch slab but if you did want to over pour 8 inchs should be plenty also I would recomend using expoy and anchor instead of drive in anchors (redhead) the only reason why is it is hard to keep the redhead anchors from pulling up slightly as you use the lift so over time your base bolts will loosen up

I have a 10,000lb Challenger,versymetric lift. It is installed on 5 inches of concrete, Challenger says 4" is good for up to 10,000lb. I like it, seems to lift about everything I have.

Attachments

• truck lift.JPG
    truck lift.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 114