• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2001 Tahoe Heater Core HELP...

Zoediak

OK.. so far, from what I have read, this is nothing short of a pain in the ASS :mad: :mad:

does anyone have any tips, tricks, etc that may help in this project??

and any estimation on about how long it will take??

looking like a full day at least... unless there is some faster way to do it..

everything that I have found is showing pictures of the inside of the rig and it looks like a bomb was detinated...

ALSO... so far, what I have read says that I have to disconnect the AC... is this true?? I am kind of hoping not..

again, any pointers would be helpful... my friend can't afford to take it in and pay their crazy rates.. she just started her job after being unemployed for a while and I am just trying to help her out...

:mad: what was I thinking?!?! :mad:

When my heater core went out, I dumped that sealer crap in it and traded it for a motorhome. I think the dealer wanted $1100 or something crazy like that. I think you do have to disconnect the ac and pull the dash etc out. Good luck. Make sure you put normal antifreeze back in if you do pull this off.

Not something your gonna wanna tackle. Gonna have to discharge the ac

yeah.. that is what I was thinking... hmmm...

I can probably still do it, just have to do that part first..... now.. to call in a few favors.. LOL

I am not too worried about having to completely destroy the interior to get to the part... i can get it all back together..

i was just hoping there might have been a short cut.. :redneck:

yeah.. that is what I was thinking... hmmm...

I can probably still do it, just have to do that part first..... now.. to call in a few favors.. LOL

I am not too worried about having to completely destroy the interior to get to the part... i can get it all back together..

i was just hoping there might have been a short cut.. :redneck:

No short cuts--have fun.....

Didn't you know, heater cores NEVER fail!:haha:
At least you have the tools to get the job done!:redneck:

Didn't you know, heater cores NEVER fail!:haha:
At least you have the tools to get the job done!:redneck:

yes.. yes I do...

and of course they never fail! :haha: :haha: :haha:

it is just something else that is causing the smokey vapor to pour out of the vents whenever the thing is running..

:mad:

just doing a bypass for the moment until a full weekend of HELL can be scheduled...

Have fun with that. I don't think there is a car made with a heater core that's easy to R & R.

88-99 chevy trucks and suvs are eezy breezy.

he missed the mark by 2 years.

I just did the one in the 67 I got from Kev. Had to remove the innerfender and hood hinge. It took me longer to evict the former tenants of the heater ducts and motor than anything.

88-99 chevy trucks and suvs are eezy breezy.

he missed the mark by 2 years.

I just did the one in the 67 I got from Kev. Had to remove the innerfender and hood hinge. It took me longer to evict the former tenants of the heater ducts and motor than anything.

Those are not bad but the 99 truck is the same as the 00'.

Astro/G-vans are a breeze so are some of the early 80's cars.

so... tomorrow is the horrible day of the heater core attack!!

does anyone by chance have any proper guide or steps to take for what I need to remove??

i have searched online fore a while but have not found anything with what i am looking for...

either they show the dash assembly already unbolted and pulled away, or just very small details...

nothing really saying.. ok.. first remove this, then this.. then this...

if anyone has access to any type of stuff like that it would be greatly appreciated!! :D

I already have the A/C situation handled.. going to go down first thing in the morning and have it evacuated out, then I will recharge it myself since i have that stuff... i would evac it myself, except i don't have a reclamation canister to store the refrigerant in.. :booo:

but first... the steps for what i really need to remove so i don't go removing stuff that could stay...

thx!!!

First, you remove this, then that, then this thing over here, then that over there...

:fawkdancesmiley:
Yeah, I don't have access to that info no mo...well, not easily anyway...:booo:

First, you remove this, then that, then this thing over here, then that over there...
:fawkdancesmiley:
Yeah, I don't have access to that info no mo...well, not easily anyway...:booo:

haha.. I saw your post and was full of hope... :booo:

there just isn't anything helpfull on the net that i have found, or can access..

I have a chilton manual, but that isn't really very desriptive on anything..

it does not show you all that you need to romove the dash assembly or any of that stuff, just shows pictures of it already removed... :mad:

well... I guess I will just go old school on it and remove one bolt at a time, give a slight pull, check for anything hanging it up, then remove that too...

hahaha

looked it up on alldata, it looked pretty straitforward..just time consuming...nothing stuck out at me that wasnt obvious when your in there working on it..

Sorry Dusty, couldn't help myself....:redneck:

I just tried to get on MitchellonDemand, and there's a "500 Internal Server Error" message...Sorry!:booo: