• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2007 Heavy Duty Shootout

I bought my ford for outa the box towing power and to have a good handling truck while towing.

bet you were disapointed :fawkdancesmiley:

I dont hear nothing but bitching from u dodge fellers. Wanting more power all the time. :looser: :fawkdancesmiley:

Eh my dodge has all the power that I need stock :redneck:

And Ford takes the cake for looks IMO. from 92-97

fixed it for you :stirpot: :fawkdancesmiley:

I talked to Ted Grady at that lil event in Yakima and he had bought the new dogde with the new 6.7 (or 6.4) diesel and hated it. Said it was gutless compared to the 5.9 HO that he had before. In fact it was so bad that he traded (sold and it cost him quite a bit lol) it back in and bought a 5.9 HO again. Said that on hills where he could go 70 before that he could barely stay at 55mph, this was all pulling his buggy and trailer.
Something was wrong with it, I have a 6.7 and tow with it every day, truck and trailer scale in at 24,800 and I haven't found a hill to slow me down yet. The only drawback is that it only gets around 10 mpg towing and between 13-14 mpg by itself.

I know the new ford is bad ass. The 6.4L w/twin turbos. I would never drive a mopar and the only way I would go back to chevy is drop the $$. I'll let yall know how the F-550 tow's when it comes in.

I was pretty much talking used trucks as far as price goes... I don't even try to keep up with the new ones. It's such a game to the dealers, who knows what you might pay.

I want more power out of everything.. Although I've gone over the power I should have stayed at, kinda regret that. But I'm definitely not stepping back, I'll just stay where I am and try to keep it from breaking again.

And I've towed with a brand new stock dodge at 25k+. Doesn't slow you down? you do 45 on the flats too? My Dad's truck will do 65-70 up vantage now, but only after the addition of the Smarty, and he was still running 1350* the entire way. The Smarty even lowered EGT's over stock. And also has dual exhaust, but that doesn't do much but make em sound better with the new trucks.

Last edited:
I know the new ford is bad ass. The 6.4L w/twin turbos. I would never drive a mopar and the only way I would go back to chevy is drop the $$. I'll let yall know how the F-550 tow's when it comes in.

6.4 is still a 6.0 (worst diesel ever in a ford)... good luck

It's a 6.0L block with alot of work done to it. The heads are different too. I just went and drove the new cummings and it had alot of take off power with the 6spd man. The only bad thing on the 6.0 was the turbo. You up grade it and you'll smoke the 7.3. The price for a 08 dodge is 38,995. The price on the 550/08 is 47,995. Way to much money. I think I'll keep my 03 1ton PS and do some up grades.

The price for a 08 dodge is 38,995. The price on the 550/08 is 47,995. Way to much money. I think I'll keep my 03 1ton PS and do some up grades.

Why are you comparing apples to oranges? The F550 is a heavier duty truck than Dodge offers at the moment.

theres quite a few duramax's now with 300k still going strong. time will tell:kiss:

Thats great your 2/3 of the way there, I guess I should have stated that there are quite a few 5.9's with well over 700k and I know of a handfull over 1million still chuggin.......if you can do that in any other brand let me know.

Want to race up a steep grade against an old 12V 5.9 towing 20K????? Those things are turds. And yes all the cummins are turds..............stock. The only ford diesel I would own is the 7.3 (not for power but because they are reasonably reliable).:awesomework:

i fully understand that. how long has the 12v/24v been around now? hence why i said give it time. ive never said that the cummins is a piss poor powerplant, i think its great. but to say that the duramax is on the level of a powerstroke is bs and you know it. so do us all a favor and pull your head out of your ass and relieze your cummins isnt the greatest thing known to man

Thats great your 2/3 of the way there, I guess I should have stated that there are quite a few 5.9's with well over 700k and I know of a handfull over 1million still chuggin.......if you can do that in any other brand let me know.

i fully understand that. how long has the 12v/24v been around now? hence why i said give it time. ive never said that the cummins is a piss poor powerplant, i think its great. but to say that the duramax is on the level of a powerstroke is bs and you know it. so do us all a favor and pull your head out of your ass and relieze your cummins isnt the greatest thing known to man

If my head were up my ass I would be driving a v8 light duty diesel. I do realize (not relieze) that 12 valve CUMMINS are the greatest thing known to man.......period!:flipoff: I never stated what level the duramax or a powerstroke was on, but if you need to know they are both classified a light duty diesel engine. A cummins is a meduim diesel engine......which is a level above the light duty v8 diesels. I also never said anything bad about the duramax, just stating facts. For the record I would rather have a duramax engine over a powerstroke engine but I like trucks with truck parts not car front ends. :masturbanana[1]: :corn:

Last edited:
Thats when cars were real cars and roads weren't paved. I had my doubts about the alum heads but it looks like they did there homework!:beer:

yea that aint no joke..

The IFS has it's ups and downs, but they made us dodge guys put our foots in our mouths with the heads :booo:

at the moment Ford guys are just dreaming of the day a powerstroke will get over 800... Dodge and Chevy have already gone over 1,000 plenty of times with quite a few trucks.

And I would take a 7.3 over a 6.0 (or any varient of that) ANY DAY.

Latest posts