• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2011 TTF buggy with tons of good parts - KOH finished turned trail rig

knaffie

This is an awesome buggy for anything you want to do. You can crawl the hardest rock trails anywhere, go 100 MPH across the desert, drive 80-MPH one-handed down the highway, rip the dunes at Glamis, and anything in between. I've had this rig at dozens of parks across the country and there's nothing I would hesitate to drive it through (except mud – YUCK – lol). This rig regularly goes places that many other comparable rigs can't. I'll be happy to provide several references as to its ability.

I bought it in early 2012 and have put a ton of time and money into it making it as capable and dependable as possible. When something doesn't work right, I don't just replace it with the same – it gets improved. Since I've made all these improvements, it's extremely dependable. This rig is extremely easy to drive. Everything works perfectly. It's been an absolute blast, but it's time to go.

• Built in 2011 by TTF / Trick Toys Fabrication / Rick Mooneyham / EZ Rick. Was completed just before KOH 2011. Was not built to be a racecar, but raced KOH 2011 "for fun" and finished. Has not been raced since.
• 2002 LS1 (low mile take-out), Turnkey Engine Supply harness, flipped (air filter in the cab) LS6 intake, tuned in person by Jesse Bub / Wait 4 Me Performance. Starts right up, idles smooth, never stalls, no fumes at idle. The tune is perfect. Makes plenty of power in high or low. Newer plugs, wires, knock sensors, alternator, and starter. 3 quart Moroso heavy-duty accumulator with manual ball valve (no electronics to fail).
• TH350 built for 500HP. Full manual, reverse pattern (PRN123), compression braking. Huge Fluidyne cooler with a Spal fan and a thermostat. Transmission overheating is NEVER an issue! B&M shifter. Newer shifter cable. Rebuilt in 2014 and installed a new $$$ TCS converter (the same one many of the Ultra 4 racers use).
• Atlas 3.0 with 32 spline 300M outputs and heim shifter linkages new in spring of 2014.
• Front axle high-pinion Dana 60 (built new in 2011), Solid housing, Reid C's, Solid knuckles, Detroit locker, CTM racing 300M shafts with CTM joints. Shafts and joints were just rebuilt by CTM and have not been re-installed yet. 1350 CV driveshaft. 50 degree steering.
• Rear axle 14 bolt with ARB with a nice truss and Branik 300M double-splined shafts and external hubs. 1350 driveshaft.
• 5:38 gears. Goes 80 MPH in 2nd gear on 40" tires. I've never had it over 100 MPH, but it will.
• Brakes 1/2 ton Chevy calipers with dual Wilwood master cylinders and dual-lever cutting brakes. Mix of hard line and AN flexible stainless line. Will lock up all four 40" tires on pavement at highway speed. Brake parts are usually in stock at any parts store.
• Suspension by Fox – remote reservoir coilovers in front, coilovers and bypasses in the rear, bumps all around. Rear shocks are well guarded from roost. Was originally set up and tuned by Fox prior to KOH, then was further tuned for me by Wayne at Alltech. Works amazing well for crawling and going fast. All shocks were rebuilt by Fox spring 2013. Bumps were rebuilt by Fox spring 2014. 16" travel rear, 14" travel front.
• 2" heat-treated chromo lowers front an rear. 1.75" heat-treated 4130 chromo uppers in the rear. DOM uppers in the front.
• PAC Racing Springs 35 spline / 1.5" sway bar with fabricated arms. Keeps the chassis completely flat during high speed cornering, yet still flexes all the way out on the rocks. This was the single best improvement I made to this car.
• Completely rewired in the spring of 2015 (except the engine harness). Automotive style fuse blocks, dzus connectors, backlit switches. Quick-connects wired to the battery for jumper cables or charger. Jumper cables ready to plug in include (I've never needed them). Master cutoff switch that can be reached from the driver's seat with belts tight. All switches can be reached with belts on tight.
• Fuel system all new spring 2014. 34 gallon Jaz bladder fuel cell powdercoated inside and out. Alltech in-tank fuel pump holder with two Bosch 044 pumps. One pump has a pre-filter attached directly to it, the other has a Holley fuelmat that will suck the tank dry. Switch on the dash to choose which pump. Each pump has its own fuse / relay / wiring for backup purposes. Each fuel circuit is independent including pre-filters and filters until the regulator. Aeromotive regulator with fuel pressure gauge. All push-lock hose and AN fittings. Super dependable AND redundant – you won't get left in the woods by not having fuel.
• Steering - Howe TC big vane pump, Howe heat-sink cooler, Howe reservoir with screw-on filter, PSC 10" ram, 3.0 turn Howe orbital, all the good radius fittings, hydraulic lines with crimped fittings (not the screw together fittings). Everything but the Ram was new in the spring of 2013. I sent my pump back to Howe after 3 years for preventative maintenance and they said it still looked new – proof that everything works perfectly.
• Five 40x13.50x17 Maxxis Trepadors Bias Competition (sticky) tires on Raceline aluminum beadlocks. I have not ordered these yet, but I can supply them brand new.
• Heim joints from Ruffstuff, new spring of 2014. All still tight. They seem to be holding up better than the FK heims did.
• Mastercraft 3G seats new in 2012. Most comfortable seats on the market! PRP 3" 5-point belts with shoulder pads new in 2014. Also very comfortable.
• Autometer carbon fiber gauges including RPM, mechanical oil pressure, voltage, transmission temperature, fuel level, mechanical coolant temperature.
• (4) 35x12.50x17 General short course (custom grooved) competition (stickies) on Racelines (I only used for the sand, but they work great on the trails too).
• Warn M8000 winch shortened to the size of a 9.0RC with newer synthetic rope. Was just serviced by Moab Offroad and all checked out good. Winch control in the cab.
• Rigid style 20" LED combo pattern bar in the grille makes plenty of light. Baja Designs Squadron Pro flood lights on front. Baja Designs Squadron Pro reverse lights.
• LED tail / brake lights by Command. Black lights that light up red – looks awesome with the black rear panel.
• Rugged Radios Vertex VHF radio with PTT buttons for driver and passenger and antenna on roof (new in spring 2015).
• PCI intercom (new in summer 2015).
• Cobra CB with a built-in speaker that's plenty loud.
• Custom built 4130 chrome-moly rack above fuel cell for cooler / clothes / tools / whatever.
• Side mirrors by Liquid Iron Industries / LII. Center high-mounted mirror.
• Two ammo boxes behind the rear firewall for tools and spares.
• Die hard Platinum battery, new in spring of 2013.
• ARB compressor for the locker.
• Artec quart crate holds 6 quarts of engine oil / transmission oil / steering oil / whatever.
• Artec holder for 2 gallons of coolant.
• Entire exhaust is wrapped in DEI Titanium wrap then covered with OEM stainless heat shields (new summer 2015). Two mufflers that keep it quiet at idle, but sound awesome at WOT.
• Belly is coated with 1/2" UHMW.
• Boatsides are 3/16" ASTM A514 / T1 (100,000 PSI tensile) very strong, very expensive steel plate, powdercoated black, covered in 1/2" UHMW (new summer 2015).
• PRC radiator (new in 2013) with Spal 16" fan (never overheats). Wired with thermostat.
• Synthetic fluids everywhere, always. Mobil 1 in the engine, GM Dex VI in the trans, Amsoil in the tcase, I forget what synthetic in the diffs, and non-synthetic GM power steering fluid (per Howe's recommendation).
• Push-lock hoses everywhere. They have all been replaced preventatively since I owned it.
• 3 fire-extinguishers on quick-release mounts.
• All new skins (.060" aluminum) and roof (.125" aluminum) made, which are all powdercoated black. The grille is also powdercoated black.
• Approximate dimensions. Wheelbase is about 112". Belly is about 20". About 83" wide. Roof is about 70". Fits in my enclosed trailer fine. Has not been on a scale, but a very similar car weighed under 4000#.

Spares (several thousands dollars worth of parts here!):
• New 40x13.50x17 tire and wheel (same as above). You get five total.
• Full set of assembled front axle shafts – Foote 4130 inners, almost-new CTM 300M outers, and Longfield 300M joints. One extra 4130 outer.
• Full set of OEM rear axle shafts.
• Front and rear gears (new never used).
• Front and rear driveshafts.
• Alternator (has not been used since being rebuilt).
• Starter (new).
• Power steering pump (new from Howe).
• Fuel pump (Bosch 044, I believe is new).
• Fuel pre-filter socks.
• Correct length steering hydraulic lines (screw-together fittings).
• TCI extreme-duty shifter cable.
• Spal radiator fan.
• Some other random steering lines for the cooler / reservoir.
• Stainless brake lines in a few sizes, I believe a spare for every line on the car.
• Winch rope (used but still very usable).
• Brake calipers (they're $10 each at the parts store, why not keep one of each around?).
• Random assortment of bearings, races, bushings, etc. for both axles. There should be at least one of everything.
• Window nets.
• Air filter.
• Miscellaneous hoses and fittings that match what's on the car.
• A few links (I don't recall which ones off hand).
• Sway bar arms (they need reinforced before using them again).
• Improved Racing trap door oil pan baffle kit (not installed).

I am the most OCD guy ever about maintenance and keeping things clean. It gets the skins and boatsides removed and powerwashed after every ride, which makes it easy to do a full inspection. I replace stuff preventatively, not when it breaks. You won't find a better cared for rig than this one.

I'm asking $45,000 with everything I have. That includes two sets of wheels / tires (40s and 35s) and all the spares. For asking price, I will deliver up to 500 miles for free. You can have this shipped anywhere in the country for well under $2000 in an enclosed trailer.

If that's too much, I could sell it for $40,000 WITHOUT: 40" wheels / tires (you only get the 35" tires / wheels), Baja Designs lights, VHF radio, intercom, and fire extinguishers.

If that's still too much, I'll keep the 300M axle shafts, and you'll get the spares for $38,000.

It's clean and ready to go. It's currently stored inside my trailer in Northern Indiana for the winter with no intentions of getting it out until spring. But, I will for a serious buyer.

The bad: Normal spring prep has not been done. It was prepped late this summer and has only been wheeled for a few days at Golden Mountain then a few days at Silver Lake. There's probably a lot of sand on it. It's still ready to go, but there will be some bare steel that is surface rusted over the winter.

Normal spring prep would include repainting any bare spots on the chassis, fixing any minor fluid leaks that need addressed, and generally going over everything. I usually swap all the fluids in the spring too. Nothing major is needed. One lower link is slightly bent and I have a replacement for it that needs installed.

PM me to discuss or for my phone number.

LOTS more pictures here.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehicles-trailers-sale/2241626-2011-ttf-buggy-tons-good-parts-koh-finished-turned-trail-rig.html#post35166874

Attachments

• IMG_20150730_132619493_HDR (1280x721).jpg
    IMG_20150730_132619493_HDR (1280x721).jpg
    340 KB · Views: 130
  • image1-1 (1280x960).jpg
    image1-1 (1280x960).jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20150730_132721036_HDR (1280x721).jpg
    IMG_20150730_132721036_HDR (1280x721).jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 976880_3087308558852_1523896306_o (1026x773).jpg
    976880_3087308558852_1523896306_o (1026x773).jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 129
You don't have to type it all again or post pics again.

Just edit your other post, copy everything, including the code, and paste it here.

More pics in its current state.

Attachments

• image2 (1280x960).jpg
    image2 (1280x960).jpg
    169 KB · Views: 84
  • image3 (1280x960).jpg
    image3 (1280x960).jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 89
  • image3-1 (1280x960).jpg
    image3-1 (1280x960).jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 85