• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2015.5 GMC 2500 Duramax Not Being User Friendly

Rohlingoffroad said:
Where are you from ?

Roy, I would trust Josh working on it if you can't get it figured out, way more than I would trust some of the local diesel shops around our area.

What I have found and had issued with on my Duramax's.

Black Smoke
****Diagnosing smoke related issues on trucks equipped with diesel particulate filters may require temporarily disconnecting the filter or installing a test pipe to see the smoke. Excessive smoke from the tailpipe with a DPF installed usually means the DPF is damaged and may need replaced.

If at idle, use the scan tool to cut out one cylinder at a time and see if the smoke disappears.
Dirty air filter
Exhaust leaks or Boost leaks, you can usually hear a boost leak as a high pitched squeal or unusual rushing or whooshing air sound under load.
Inspect the mass air flow (MAF) sensor for obstruction, contamination, and damage.
Inspect for the EGR valve sticking open. Command the valve to 20%. Desired and actual position should not be more than 3% different.

ADMINISTRATOR

First Off I Wanna Say Thank You To Everyone Who Took The Time To Read My Post & Chimed In On It, I Wanna Secondly Thank Josh "Rohlingoffroad" & His Crew For Dealing with Me For 2 Days & Getting Back Almost To 100% Highly Recommend Him To Everyone. So After Lots Of Trouble Shooting On the Scan Tool & Readings Of Data Logs On My EZ-LINK We Decided It Had To Be 1 Of 3 Things Turbo Loosing Boost Due To EGR Stuck Open, Fuel Rail Dropping Pressure Or The Soft Ware In Tuning. We Went On & Installed These EGR Blocker Plates To Eleminate The EGR Which Ended Up Not Being To Bad Of A Job. When We Fired It Up The Hiss Was Back So I Thought BAM Problem Solved. So Went For A Test Drive & It Was A Better But Still Seems To Fall On Its Face When It Goes To Shift Into 2nd Or 3rd, So Went Back To The Shop Told Josh The Stats So He Gets His Scan Tool Plugs It Up & We Go For A Test Run "This Being His First Time In The Truck" Right Off The Bat He Sees & Feels What Im Talking About Well When It Happend The 1st Time We Though It Dropped Fuel Pressure So Went On About 4-5 More Test Hits From Dead Stop To High Speed Then A Mid Speed Roll To High Speed & Fuel Pressure Stayed 28-29lbs So All Is Good There But Every Time It Shifts Gears It falls On Its Face So We Come To The Conclusion That The Truck Is Back Running Good In Mechanical Condition Just Have A Tunning Issue So Gonna Get With Kory Willis Some Time Today & Send My Data Logs In & See What He Thinls Or Can so For Me. Will Have A Follow Up As Soon As I Hear From Kory. Thanks Again Guys For All Of the Help.

00BIRMINGHAMTJ said:
First Off I Wanna Say Thank You To Everyone Who Took The Time To Read My Post & Chimed In On It, I Wanna Secondly Thank Josh "Rohlingoffroad" & His Crew For Dealing with Me For 2 Days & Getting Back Almost To 100% Highly Recommend Him To Everyone. So After Lots Of Trouble Shooting On the Scan Tool & Readings Of Data Logs On My EZ-LINK We Decided It Had To Be 1 Of 3 Things Turbo Loosing Boost Due To EGR Stuck Open, Fuel Rail Dropping Pressure Or The Soft Ware In Tuning. We Went On & Installed These EGR Blocker Plates To Eleminate The EGR Which Ended Up Not Being To Bad Of A Job. When We Fired It Up The Hiss Was Back So I Thought BAM Problem Solved. So Went For A Test Drive & It Was A Better But Still Seems To Fall On Its Face When It Goes To Shift Into 2nd Or 3rd, So Went Back To The Shop Told Josh The Stats So He Gets His Scan Tool Plugs It Up & We Go For A Test Run "This Being His First Time In The Truck" Right Off The Bat He Sees & Feels What Im Talking About Well When It Happend The 1st Time We Though It Dropped Fuel Pressure So Went On About 4-5 More Test Hits From Dead Stop To High Speed Then A Mid Speed Roll To High Speed & Fuel Pressure Stayed 28-29lbs So All Is Good There But Every Time It Shifts Gears It falls On Its Face So We Come To The Conclusion That The Truck Is Back Running Good In Mechanical Condition Just Have A Tunning Issue So Gonna Get With Kory Willis Some Time Today & Send My Data Logs In & See What He Thinls Or Can so For Me. Will Have A Follow Up As Soon As I Hear From Kory. Thanks Again Guys For All Of the Help.

Good deal, let us know how it turns out, Josh knows his stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADMINISTRATOR