• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

20R Heads

London Gentleman

My brother has a messed up head. I read somewhere that a 20R head on a 22R motor will get you more power. What I am wondering is what do you have to do to make it work? Thanks.
Cory

Penetrode Offroad said:
My brother has a messed up head. I read somewhere that a 20R head on a 22R motor will get you more power. What I am wondering is what do you have to do to make it work? Thanks.
Cory

You need both the 20r head and intake. Then they just bolt right on. :beer:

The first time I built my yota I ran a 22r/20r hybrid. It had stock compression forged pistons, the block was decked .015, ported/polished 20r head and intake, pace setter header, comp cams midrange cam, 2.5 inch exhaust, it ran pretty dang good.:cool:

a5.jpg

it'll only bolt on if your engine is an '84 or older 22R(round exhaust ports). you can make it work on an '85 or later engine but you're in for machine work and special parts.

by itself it may give some more pop, but i'd recommend taking it to a machine shop and having bigger valves installed and some port work performed. when i did the swap i also installed an offy C series intake and a thorley header, and fine tuned and rejetted my weber carb. sucks gas but it's a lot of fun...now if the rest of the truck wasn't a piece of ****...

HE doesn't have that much money due to the rest of the truck getting him alot of fines (police) and the water jackets and one of the oil passages has such a back case of electralesis to were they rotted into the firing chamber, or on there way to and he doesn't know if he should try to get it re-welded and machined or scrap it and get a different head 22r or 20r. What do you guys think would be the thing to do?

Penetrode Offroad said:
HE doesn't have that much money due to the rest of the truck getting him alot of fines (police) and the water jackets and one of the oil passages has such a back case of electralesis to were they rotted into the firing chamber, or on there way to and he doesn't know if he should try to get it re-welded and machined or scrap it and get a different head 22r or 20r. What do you guys think would be the thing to do?

Get a used engine that runs good, and throw it in. Sounds like his has been thru the ringer too long.

Latest posts