• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Heads up on Grade 9 bolts at Fastenal

patooyee

Fastenal has been liquidating their grade 9 inventory for a long time now. But they are in their final stages and grade 9 bolts are insanely cheap until they run out. Cheaper than Grade 5. You might want to check it out if you need any bolts. I just got 18 5/8 bolts with washers and top-luck nuts to build a front and rear link suspension for about $25. after tax.

Apparently Fastenal has bought Holochrome and is going to be producing and exclusively stocking a new line of grade 9 hardware once the old stock runs dry. It will be grade 9 strength with a chrome-like silver corrosion-resistant outer coating and cost less than current grade 9 stuff. I get the impression that it will eventually replace grade 8 since it has similar strength with a better outer coating for about the same price.

patooyee said:
Fastenal has been liquidating their grade 9 inventory for a long time now. But they are in their final stages and grade 9 bolts are insanely cheap until they run out. Cheaper than Grade 5. You might want to check it out if you need any bolts. I just got 18 5/8 bolts with washers and top-luck nuts to build a front and rear link suspension for about $25. after tax.

Apparently Fastenal has bought Holochrome and is going to be producing and exclusively stocking a new line of grade 9 hardware once the old stock runs dry. It will be grade 9 strength with a chrome-like silver corrosion-resistant outer coating and cost less than current grade 9 stuff. I get the impression that it will eventually replace grade 8 since it has similar strength with a better outer coating for about the same price.

I bought 50-100 grade 9s last year for cheap, I didn't realize they had any left, If they are even cheaper now, I'm gonna have to hit up my local stores

muddinmetal said:
I bought 50-100 grade 9s last year for cheap, I didn't realize they had any left, If they are even cheaper now, I'm gonna have to hit up my local stores

Selection rigth now is somewhat limited, mainly oddball sizes left. Ask to see their clearance catalog.