• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

20r help

dont learn to time engines off of fairy links.:rolleyes:

know the timing marks on the sprockets and the basics of a cam and you will be set for life.

If you learn to look for fairy shiny links and you will be clueless and hope its OK forever. After you roll that engine over once the marks will never be anywhere close to use for reference again.

Put the marks where they need to be and make the chain tight on the non adj side and you will be good.

x2 the chain can go on any way the gears are the important part

I turned the motor over by hand until the number 1 cyl. was at the TDC then I put the timign chain back on so the notch in the gear was at the top of the chain(if that makes sence). Sorry if I cant explain myself right now im pretty drunk:D

haha maybe thats why it won't start:fawkdancesmiley:

I turned the motor over by hand until the number 1 cyl. was at the TDC then I put the timign chain back on so the notch in the gear was at the top of the chain(if that makes sence). Sorry if I cant explain myself right now im pretty drunk:D

ok but is the #1 on it's intake or exhaust stroke?

Could be but I want drunk today when i was trying to figure it out. Ill run out and check the rockers really quick anr let you guys know.

Ok so I checked the rockers and the ones on the pass side are tighe anf the ones on the driver side are loose when the motor is a TDC.

So the exhaust valves are to loose?

Ok so I checked the rockers and the ones on the pass side are tighe anf the ones on the driver side are loose when the motor is a TDC.

So the exhaust valves are to loose?

:eeek: okay we only care about the intake and exhaust valve on the #1 cyl at this point.. and they should both be loose. if they are not then your are 180* off on your timing marks

Well **** I guess I have to take the bitch apart again.....James your a coors light guy right? When can you come fix this **** for me so I can go wheeling?

I did adjust them this time but everything I read said your suppose to do it when the motor is at operating temp and off. But since I cant get it to start it makes it hard to get it up to operating temp if you catch my drift.

coors light:awesomework: ah anytime this week after 5

I get off around 6 every day so when ever works for you man. You could meetme at my work and I only live 2 miles from there in north bend. You could take 405to 90 and it will probably take around 30 min to get to my place.

I did adjust them this time but everything I read said your suppose to do it when the motor is at operating temp and off. But since I cant get it to start it makes it hard to get it up to operating temp if you catch my drift.

word. but ah you can adjust them cold. i think when warm they are supposed to be around 8 int 12exh... every book says something differant in any case you would want to make them a little tighter when cold really not a big deal to adjust them cold to start off as long as they are not way out there if you catch my drift... in anycase what day do you want to fix yer rig

I get off around 6 every day so when ever works for you man. You could meetme at my work and I only live 2 miles from there in north bend. You could take 405to 90 and it will probably take around 30 min to get to my place.

ok chris i will give you a call tomorrow around 6. i can bring a comp tester/timing light if need be

Yeah I figure it would almost be almost the same adjusting them hot or cold.

Are you down for coming over tomorrow?

ok chris i will give you a call tomorrow around 6. i can bring a comp tester/timing light if need be

SOunds good and brong whatever you use to adjust he valves. I just used a feeler guage when I did it....not sure if its the right tool but im guessing it isnt.

Latest posts