• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22RE eng block wire

whiterice

I am replacing a 22RE (248k)with one that doesn't have the same style block. My 22RE is OME '86 truck. Replacing it with a used one from a car. So under the intake to the rear of the oil filter is a block plug sensor. Looks like no water to the sensor, no oil to the sensor, it just threads into the block. It has yellow plastic and a single wire lead. On the replacement block, there is no threads or pad up in the same area of the block. Is this just a heat sensor? Can I run without it? Would it work to fab a bkt and let it pick up heat thru a non-use motor mount? My camera isn't downloading now for some reason, but if I can get it to work, I'll add a picture.

What year Celica is the motor out of? Is it EFI or carb'ed? Is your truck EFI or carb'ed?

The part you are talking about is the knock sensor for the EFI it sounds like. You can leave it unplugged, but it will trip the check engine light.

If you're putting a motor out of a carb'ed celica into a truck with EFI, you're going to have more problems than just that, though.

Thanks for the link. I'll go with the relocate drill/tap. Both engines are "RE"

20081002briantruck0001tw6.jpg