• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re How in the crap do y'all run those??

Lol I see little yota rigs climbing like mountain goats all the time. I just can't figure out how y'all keep them together.

when crawling mine rarely goes over 2k rpm. Now if im out beating the snot out of it and hitting 6k rpms ya i can see where it wouldn't last long at all. But im more of a crawler guy, get the rig to hook to the ground and let it crawl its way to the top patients is key.

I am on my third pick and pull 22r/re in 10 years. New bearings, new seals, got propane kit and go wheeling!

ToyotaTom said:
I am on my third pick and pull 22r/re in 10 years. New bearings, new seals, got propane kit and go wheeling!

Hey Tom are you running the propane kit for a 4 barrel carb or the smaller one for the yota?

ToyotaTom said:
I am running a carbureted intake manifold off a 22r with the bolt on mixer. When you going to make it up here for Mountain Havoc Ray?
http://www.gotpropane.com

No more monster truck for me....So that's out now. Wanted a change in wheeling so I'm following your lead with the yota thing.

I've heard the carb based propane kit performs better than the efi :dunno:.....Any truth to that u think?

I just picked up a 4runner the other day with 22re, what all does one have to have to put a turbo one? Do you have to change injectors, computer, and what not?

You need this stuff. This is the low boost kit for the non turbo blocks. Wow, Ray in a Yota, that must feel like driving a go cart for you lol. The carbureted manifold is smaller and easier to block off.
1071012-2.jpg

1tonyj said:
I've heard the carb based propane kit performs better than the efi :dunno:.....Any truth to that u think?

I've had both. Personal preference is efi. I just don't think there is that much of a performance gain to ditch efi for it. Now throwing a carb out for propane I can see doing that.

ridered3 said:
After riding with Broady this weekend around Choccolocco, I may need to 22R/22RE swap everything I own...

8)

we were a little rough on the ole girl this weekend... had to keep up with the big boys ;)

smbroady82 said:
8)

we were a little rough on the ole girl this weekend... had to keep up with the big boys ;)

But it was his side of the truggy, so it was his fault. molaugh

ADMINISTRATOR

smbroady82 said:
oh yeah, as far as the filp/flop goes, totally on Patrick lol

I'll take the blame for it for sure.

Broady: "Where'd they go?"
Me: "Well they are right down there so apparently to the left side right here."
End result = flop

Although in my defense they did go to the left side, just 20 feet further uphill than I pointed Broady towards...