• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re Oil Pump

jprcrpr94

I've heard that there are quite a few oil pumps to stay away from. So who makes a good one and where can I get it by next Saturday?:corn:

I've never seen an outright failure of any pump regardless of brand. That said I've had great success with engnbldr.com pumps and parts.

Ive never bought a new one. I just hunt thru all the used ones I have and look for the cleaned housing/timing cover and innerds and use ones that have NO scoring.

I have never had one fail either. Ive never heard of anyone talk about faulty toy oil pumps either.

DONT buy a high pressure aftermarket one tho.

Kev pull the old one off and check both the housing and timing cover for any grooving/galling where the pump rotor rides.

For the cost and the outcome its not worth it. You literally won't see any difference...

Except for a LOSS of HP. The opil pump in an engine actually eats ALLOT more hp than people think.

Plus HP/HV pumps just pump the top of the engine full of oil and wash bearings on amature rebuilds.

People think more oil and more pressure is good, but its not. Very few 1000HP monsters have huge oil pumps or high pressure.

In wheeler where allot of time is spent climbing, having oil in the pan, not in the top end is very important too.