• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re problem need a toyota guru

wheeler57

ive got a 1985 toyota 4x4 efi just got done building it last weekend wheeled
it turned it off and then went to start it and it fired up but ran for a second then died kept trying it and wouldnt stay running for longer then a second . trucks pretty good just did fresh head gasket ran fine before this happend
i pulled the injector intake and throttle body of today and cleaned em put it back together and it still does the same thing
ive got a video of what it is doing
any help would be be greatly appreciated

that was the 1st thing i checked when i was stuck on the trail theres a tiny bit of moisture in it no its not cracked
the morning i went wheelin it did this aswell then it eventually stopped then ran fine then later in ther day did it again this time worse hasnt ran like it should since

Listen for fuel pump.
i cant even hear the fuel even when it ran good but the hard line for the cold start builds pressure becouse if you try and start it in the morning and it doesn't start .i loosened that bolt there's a bit of pressure
i even cleaned the intake thermostat that tells the computer if it needs to use the cold start or not

Some times the epoxied connection on the fuel pump sending unit breaks and only makes contact occasionally. Deff. A connection. Issue. I have stand aloned harnessed a lot of 22re motors in my last few years.

yeah i just pulled the tank to do the 63 and i pulled the fuel pump out to lurk in there and see how dirty it was
after i got the hole truck back together it ran good then that problem just started i could not seem to find any sort of fuel filter bisides the one in each indavidual injecter and the one in the tank i cleaned the plugs for the fuel pump aswell when i pulled it

those always get plugged i have changed 3 or 4 easy to get to if you are lifted a little bit just dont lose the copper washers