• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re problem need a toyota guru

pulled that filter there was some rusty gas in it
rusty on one outlet and clean on the other

if you havent shaken or blown it out, put you lips on the rusty side and try to blow anything out the clean side. You will tell right away if it was plugged or not.

After you figure out if it was plugged or not, blow in the clena side and see how much rust comes out. See if its just rust colored gas or if its full of rusty debris or flakes and lots of it?

Its a good indicator of if you just need a filter ever year or so or if you need to look for a new tank. Could also be a rusty fuel line. Did you bend/disturb them when you removed the tank for 63 install?

i have had this problem on two different rigs one time it turned out to be the TPS sensor wasnt working right the second time it was a bad fuel pump ...it would build enough pressure to start but then would die

Rusty tank/filter/line would explain why it does it now (after 63s installed) and not before the work.
i did not kink or crack the lines when i pulled the tank
i even pulled the bed off just to be more carefull
should i pull the line off the tank take a air hose put a rag at the end and see what the outcome is ?

i did not kink or crack the lines when i pulled the tank
i even pulled the bed off just to be more carefull
should i pull the line off the tank take a air hose put a rag at the end and see what the outcome is ?
noob to the 22re 's what is a tps
the two sensers in front of the thermostat i did pull those out and scuffed em up they were pretty dirty (motor still did the same thing)

ok so i turned it over and not a drop of fuel came out of the fuel line with that filter out
so i take it i will need to get a fuel pump ????
and filter

yup sounds like it to my easy way to tell is to pull the fuel pump out and run it straight to your battery see if it even makes noise that is what i did just to make sure it wasnt a clogged line

The fuel pump doesn not come on with the key on a toyota.

Its activated by the circuit opening relay and ecm once the truck has started.

If the fuel pump was bad, how could it start the truck and run for 10 seconds? It takes at least a little presure to do that. More than nothing coming out of an open line.

Maybe later Brian/SS will chime in here or Crash, they have a better understanding of the emc/fuel pumps electrical circuit is layed out.

I don't have the time to explain in detail, but the fuel pump relay triggers the pump when cranking, and the MAF takes over once it sees air flow, closing a circuit to keep pump running once the truck is running...use a few bodies to help, one at the ignition, one at the tank listening for the pump once it starts, if you have no pump after it starts, I'd be looking at a MAF issue, or the relay circuit opening relay as choppy mentioned......Also, if you had the tps off, you DO need to adjust them properly for everything to work right...

yup sounds like it to my easy way to tell is to pull the fuel pump out and run it straight to your battery see if it even makes noise that is what i did just to make sure it wasnt a clogged line
pulled the tank and the pump tested it like you said and it works just fine
there was a tiny bit of dirt on the pump filter and in the tank
im starting to think it might just be the MAF senser ???

after i had it apart yesterday then threw it back to together
i did pull the tps off then put it back on it actually ran better
for the 2 seconds that it did run for

The fuel pump doesn not come on with the key on a toyota.

Its activated by the circuit opening relay and ecm once the truck has started.

If the fuel pump was bad, how could it start the truck and run for 10 seconds? It takes at least a little presure to do that. More than nothing coming out of an open line.

Maybe later Brian/SS will chime in here or Crash, they have a better understanding of the emc/fuel pumps electrical circuit is layed out.

thats quite confusing cause if the pump didnt come on till after it started it would not send fuel to the motor to even start the thing.....my fule pump that i found out was bad would start the truck but under load would die ? not provide enough gas....

when it runs for the short period does it seem to be in time? also when its cranking over is it cranking normally or unusually easy/fast?

also, just for shits did you try to jump the diagnostic check connecter? see if you can get a code.. i had some weird **** go on on one of my 22re..it popped and missed and ran like ass..then for the hell of it i jumped that check connecter and it ran perfect..i had to leave it jumped though cause thats the only way it would run right..nobody could ever explain that either...

also, just for shits did you try to jump the diagnostic check connecter? see if you can get a code.. i had some weird **** go on on one of my 22re..it popped and missed and ran like ass..then for the hell of it i jumped that check connecter and it ran perfect..i had to leave it jumped though cause thats the only way it would run right..nobody could ever explain that either...

I told him it sounds like it's out of time..... When you jump that diagnostics connector the computer games over the timing abs dials it in better from my experience..... Never had to leave it jumped though....

I have said this in the past. But if your not confident or don't have the proper know how its better to spend some cash and pay someone who does. Swapping parts around or turning screws isn't going to help. You could in fact mess something else up in the process. Like screwing around with TPS. Spend the $100 and let an OG look at it

Latest posts