• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re Rebuild

Word of advice. Its a hell of a lot easier to put the timing cover on. Then do the head and oil pan.

It's more that just easier. It ended up with a better front cover to block seal. and head to front cover seal as well.

What kind of driving/miles is this truck going to get?

is it going to be driven on the road? like a daily?

Or offroad only with very few miles put on it?

:corn:

It's more that just easier. It ended up with a better front cover to block seal. and head to front cover seal as well.

What kind of driving/miles is this truck going to get?

is it going to be driven on the road? like a daily?

Or offroad only with very few miles put on it?

:corn:

Yeah i figured that out the hard way ....you gotta learn somehow.... anyways yeah its gonna be a daily driver with light logging road use

you should spend less time rebuilding the 22re and finish the 4.3 chev-yota

yeah i know i know BUT my dd sammie has been nickle and diming me so i had to but i havent forgot about my baby only need drivelines, brake lines, electical spliced up, seats, and a tube job.....:cheer:

Got the beater running this weekend:awesomework:....runs awesome looks like **** haha....threw some 33's i had on it. So if you see a beat to **** red flat bedded 2 gen around Everett thats me.....now to continue on my 4.3 swap:cheer:

Sweet !!!! always a nice feeling when you finally get it all in and its all Rrrrrrrrrrr...Rrrrrrrr...RrrrVrooooom !!!!!

Keep us informed and stuff, make sure to change the oil soon, re-torque the head bolts and then re-adjust the valves.

:awesomework:

Keep us all informed as to how it's still going in a few weeks too :corn:

Sweet !!!! always a nice feeling when you finally get it all in and its all Rrrrrrrrrrr...Rrrrrrrr...RrrrVrooooom !!!!!

Keep us informed and stuff, make sure to change the oil soon, re-torque the head bolts and then re-adjust the valves.

Keep us all informed as to how it's still going in a few weeks too :corn:

yep when i get home this weekend that is my plan also got a little trouble shooting to do it runs great but everytime im at a light and push on the break it idles up and down up and down i think its the master cylinder...something to do with vacuum ....also gotta change a wheel bearing :cheer:

Thats a pretty common thing. And you're right 99.9 percent of the time it has nothing to do with the brake system at all.

It's one of a couple things.

1: out of adjustment throttle cable (it's holding the throttle plate slightly open)
2: The idle adjuster screw is slightly dirty and not adjusted right
3: The throttle plate is dirty
4: The trottle drop dashpot is dirty and or isn't working properly and is holding the throttle plate slightly open

If you notice there is a trend and they all have to do with the throttle plate/air metering through the throttle body.

I'd start by making sure there is a little slop in the throttle cable, then clean the idle screw, and throttle plate. Keep in mind you don't really want to blindly spray EFI cleaner into the throttle body because it can damage the unsealed TPS sensor.

Thats a pretty common thing. And you're right 99.9 percent of the time it has nothing to do with the brake system at all.

It's one of a couple things.

1: out of adjustment throttle cable (it's holding the throttle plate slightly open)
2: The idle adjuster screw is slightly dirty and not adjusted right
3: The throttle plate is dirty
4: The trottle drop dashpot is dirty and or isn't working properly and is holding the throttle plate slightly open

If you notice there is a trend and they all have to do with the throttle plate/air metering through the throttle body.

I'd start by making sure there is a little slop in the throttle cable, then clean the idle screw, and throttle plate. Keep in mind you don't really want to blindly spray EFI cleaner into the throttle body because it can damage the unsealed TPS sensor.

but if the idle screw was messed up why would it constantly idle up and down but only when my foot is on the brake?? i meant brake booster not master cylinder reason i say that is because i can here a hiss coming from there??

Pull the vacuum line off the booster and plug the line and the booster nipple . Problem goes away you need a replacement booster. Go to the junk yard .

but if the idle screw was messed up why would it constantly idle up and down but only when my foot is on the brake?? i meant brake booster not master cylinder reason i say that is because i can here a hiss coming from there??

First boosters almost never go bad on Toyota's.
Second they are easily tested in 2 seconds. Test it and make sure it doesn't have a problem.

Third when you apply the brakes this changes the vacuume load and slightly increases the idle. For some reason this small change is enough to cause this problem. I've come across it and fixed it at least a dozen times. I've pointed it out in other peoples trucks at least another dozen times. It's pretty common.

Pull the vacuum line off the booster and plug the line and the booster nipple . Problem goes away you need a replacement booster. Go to the junk yard .

First boosters almost never go bad on Toyota's.
Second they are easily tested in 2 seconds. Test it and make sure it doesn't have a problem.

Third when you apply the brakes this changes the vacuume load and slightly increases the idle. For some reason this small change is enough to cause this problem. I've come across it and fixed it at least a dozen times. I've pointed it out in other peoples trucks at least another dozen times. It's pretty common.

Got an extra booster gonna test it today and if need be replace it ...thanks for the guidance guys:beer: