• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re wont rev past 3500

84YotaBoy

I got a new truck don't know much of it but it wont rev past 3500 and it is slow revving getting there and sounds bad any help is appreciated....ive just put in new timing chain adjusted valves new distributer cap and rotor motor doesn't sound like it has anything wrong internally.

I got a new truck don't know much of it but it wont rev past 3500 and it is slow revving getting there and sounds bad any help is appreciated....ive just put in new timing chain adjusted valves new distributer cap and rotor motor doesn't sound like it has anything wrong internally.

Remove the 02 sensor and go drive it and see if its better. If it is your catalytic converter is plugging up.

Timing chain could be off by 1 tooth. It happened with my old truck and it ran like **** until it was fixed.

Pull the valve cover, rotate the crank to TDC #1 compression, and check the dot on the cam pulley...should be slightly left of straight up 12 oclock position looking at it from the front...

its backfiring thru the exhaust and ill check that tomorrow when I did timing chain I made sure I kept the sprockets in the proper place could it have anything to do with my intake sensor

its backfiring thru the exhaust and ill check that tomorrow when I did timing chain I made sure I kept the sprockets in the proper place could it have anything to do with my intake sensor

When you say backfire do you mean the neighbors might thing you are shooting a gun or just a strong miss?

I had an 87 that was acting similar and it was a combination of a vacuum leak and a messed up intake gasket letting in unregulated air.

When you say backfire, is it more like a popping sound thru the intake or exhaust? Did you properly adjust the valves?

Sounds like the timing is seriously retarded. I'd start with cam timing and valve adjustment and check initial ignition timing while you're in the neighborhood.