• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

231 v6 in my 98 tj

Ok I found what was writin by the guy i got the truck from

1982 Datsun king cab 4x4
1986 Toyota front and rear straight axle
Smitty bult roll dull tube and has long kicker down to bed font 4 tube and 2tube rear and nerf bars all look like 3in
Jim Connor racing fenders front and rear
Crome square tube grill

1980 even fire Buick 231
Cam,pistons,rings bord 20 over
Turbo 350 short shaft (short shaft removed and adaptor plate for transfer case put in) Don't sat what kind of transfer case it is

Rancho shock two per tire rancho rsv5000 two shocks on stealing stabilizer leav spring frt an rear
Chev ratiator Datsun z 5/8master cylinder
35-12-15 big o tires :haha: I lie ultra rims deep dish
3 in body lift carter hight volume fuel pump
Quick silver auto shifter ratchet style
Next is what every one is stuck on he writes
1 ton gears
Chev drivelines
Digital gauges ,beefed up steering bar ,wrangler power steering mount
Last but not least
Set up for fuel injection and blower
$6000 if you want it lol

STOP. Read what people have posted. Some of us are trying to help you out but you keep saying the same stupid stuff man. The guy you bought the truck from wrote one ton gears on a piece of paper and now it's gospel. Who is more of an idiot, the idiot or the guy who follows the idiot. Here is a explanation for you.
Toyota axle= half ton axle, six bolts
Dana 60 or 14 bolt= 1 ton axle, 8 bolts
It is impossible to put 1ton gears in a half ton axle. It may have a lower gear set in your Toyota axles. We get what your trying to say. Guys are going to continue to rip you until you figure it out. So let's review. One ton gears no worky worky in your half ton Toyota axles. Got it. Good

STOP. Read what people have posted. Some of us are trying to help you out but you keep saying the same stupid stuff man. The guy you bought the truck from wrote one ton gears on a piece of paper and now it's gospel. Who is more of an idiot, the idiot or the guy who follows the idiot. Here is a explanation for you.
Toyota axle= half ton axle, six bolts
Dana 60 or 14 bolt= 1 ton axle, 8 bolts
It is impossible to put 1ton gears in a half ton axle. It may have a lower gear set in your Toyota axles. We get what your trying to say. Guys are going to continue to rip you until you figure it out. So let's review. One ton gears no worky worky in your half ton Toyota axles. Got it. Good

Well can I take the gears out of my 8 lug chevy and put them in my 6 lug half ton chevy axle?

Coulda swore Ive put one ton front gears in half ton rears even! :scratchhead:

Maybe it has gears from a Toyota 1 ton cab & chassis or motorhome. Those are 1 ton, but they aren't 8 lug. Its all so confusing.

th

I'm just trying to dumb it down as best I can. Can I put the gears from the front of my cruiser in to the rear of my full floating six bolt BJ45 from Canada, it's one ton. The list goes on. I feel like I'm at a first grade spelling bee and the kid is spelling CAR with a K. I just want to yell out "your a dumb ass" but that's not cool.

Last edited:
LMAO,
Your first post has one long run on sentence.
You have more misspelled words then correctly spelled words.
You have more terms that leave people lost as to what you are trying to say.
You make Frank look like a good fellow.
We however are a bunch of mental midgets.
Yet you still want help?
I don't see a lot of people here that would be possible to help you take you as more then a troll by what you have posted so far.
Good luck with your insults on getting good answer to what you seek.
Have a good day sir!!!!:flipoff:

But the blower adds 500hp man.

I was waiting for that! I've seen info that the block is good for 600hp, but I haven't seen too many making 550 to 600hp. The few I saw seemed to be running turbos with higher psi.

Also I noticed its setup for injection and blower so this leads me to believe that those parts still have to be purchased?

I've seen info that the block is good for 600hp

If it is actually the aftermarket aluminum block which I REALLY doubt for a couple reasons. 1 the purchase price of the vehicle and 2 because the op is obviously a moron and likely wouldn't know the difference between aluminum and cast iron painted with silver krylon.

Green tj I'm not a A mechanic I don't know how to tell what kind of gears or what size of rear end it has.I really don't give a flying crap about what the idiots in here like green PJ's say ,it's kind of amusing to me I just want to read through all the crap and find the people who really know what the hell they're talking about and who are willing to help out somebody else to get some knowledge thanks for trying.
shag

Last edited:
White trash the truck was built by a gentleman and about 87 he put over $25,000 into the truck I bought it for a very good price because I know what it was when he built it back then I seen it brand-new The month you got it home from being built the whole truck was put together professionally and yes like the other guy said those blocks do push up to 600 or so horse no it does not have a turbo no I do not have an intake and all the stuff for a blower yes I'd have to purchase it.
shag

Part out the Datsun! Go wheel your tj, break stuff, fix it with better stuff from all your baller dollars you made from parting out Datsun. Best advice you'll get!