• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3.0 yota won't start

Yotakid

Well here's the problem; my truck runs great, but I have to use starting fluid to get it started? It's a 1993 Toyota 4x4 pickup with the V6 and 197,000 miles. It used to only do this sporadically, but now it's requiring starting fluid every time. Right now when you go to start the starter kicks in and sounds good it just won't start, put some starting fluid in the intake and it fires right up and I can run it from Seattle to Bellingham with no trouble as long as I don't stop and shut it off. Does anybody have any ideas...

Have you tried to cycle the key a few times to build fuel pressure up before you start it? It could be bleeding off after you turn it off and then it doesnt have pressure to start. Does it turn over fine? What else is it doing?

Well it definatly sounds fuel related. Have you checked the plugs to see if its running lean/rich? It may feel like its running like a champ but it could be low on fuel pressure.

It turns over great, I just put a bypass to where I can turn the fuel pump on with the ignition but I haven't had a chance to test it yet. So could the fuel pump be going out?

Had one in a wheeler that wouldn't start if it wasn't dead cold or fully warm. I t kinda acted like it was out of gas. Was told that build up in the combustion chamber was soaking up the fuel and starving the engine?

Latest posts