• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3/8 Cordless Impact

ibrokeit

Brock Higdon- Auburn, AL
I am looking for a cordless impact. Lithium Ion is the new thing, I guess. Still rocking the old 18volt Portercable drill/sawzall. I am for sure not looking to break the bank. Whats good for the money?

The only rechargeable drill/impact whatever I have EVER seen the batteries last more than 6 months is snap-on brand. Price the batteries before you buy one.

Dewalt 20 v lithium is bad ass and small so it fits in tight places. I think it was about $100 by itself, I had batteries and charger from the 1\2" and drill I bought.

civicmindedex79 said:
No complaints on my milwaukee so far. batteries or impact :dblthumb:
X2. Seems to have ALOT more power than the dewalt and fastenal had them on sale I think til end of month. Chad :dblthumb:

Re: Re: 3/8 Cordless Impact

The snap on puts out 250 ft lbs. Batteries are kinda big but guys in the shop have 4 years on a set. They have a new lithium gun that's stronger but its around 500 on sale.

I got a Makita set now and I have to swap batteries 4 times a day. bought my dad a snap on 5 years ago and it still does awesome. Had a Milwaukee and I made the tool guy buy it back because it didn't last a week.

What you should be looking at is warranty. These are electronics encased in plastic shells aka break a good bit. Milwaukee has a 5 year warranty and there stuff is bad ass. I think all the snap on is overrated EXCEPT for there stuff just released a month ago.

I have had a dewalt for two years and have loved it and it is also nice that I have other dewalt cordless items that I can share batteries with and the price was good off amazon has great power and keep a charge for a good while also has stood up to plenty of abuse has been dropped off benches and under the car while on a lift

ibrokeit said:
I am looking for a cordless impact. Lithium Ion is the new thing, I guess. Still rocking the old 18volt Portercable drill/sawzall. I am for sure not looking to break the bank. Whats good for the money?
[/quote

Mine is a 14.4v snap on works great

This may be a stupid question, but will a lithium ion battery work in older battery tools (non lithium ion. Nicad I guess?)

If so, anybody have experience with porter cable impact?

ibrokeit said:
This may be a stupid question, but will a lithium ion battery work in older battery tools (non lithium ion. Nicad I guess?)

If so, anybody have experience with porter cable impact?

I have a set of both the Milwakee and porter cable impacts. I'm a remodel contractor by day, so most of my use with them is wood/screws oriented. I actually think the PC hits harder but the batteries are more finicky about charging when hot or cold. The Milwakee batteries have the charge level indicator on them and seem to charge reguardless of the temp. I'm almost positve that a lithium batt works in either tool.

What ever you buy make sure you charge the batteries correctly. Lots of batteries will die a quick death from not charging properly.

I got a IR 3/8 impact and drill with charger and two batteries I will let go for a hondo. One battery is weak other holds a charge for awhile. Dont know how much a replacement battery is but I know the batteries can be rebuilt. This is a 14.5 setup. Just up the road n alex city. Also comes with a light that some of the leds have a loose conection.