• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

30 amp to 50amp circuit?

timothy

So, my ? is how hard is it to up m 30amp to a 50amp? The reason is I just recieved a new plasma cutter & MIG, and the REQUIRED ITEMS LIST states a minimum of a properly grounded 220-240 VAC 50/60Hz., 50 Amp circit. I currently am running a 220 with a 30amp circuit. Will I be ok with what I have or no. ( CHEERS ) :beer:

It's not as simple as changing the breaker. The wire has to be sized appropriately as well.

You will need to use #8 copper it's good for 50 amps anymore more than that you will need #6 good for 65 amps, also breaker and receptacle to match. Your 30 amp circut should be #10 Wich is way to small to use

You will need to use #8 copper it's good for 50 amps anymore more than that you will need #6 good for 65 amps, also breaker and receptacle to match. Your 30 amp circut should be #10 Wich is way to small to use

this :awesomework:

I will be calling soon ( acouple weeks ) thank you. And the other responsers, thanks as well. ( CHEERS) :beer: To, all.:awesomework:

this all said. It very possible your new plasma will "work" on the 30 circuit. You won't get full capacity, and you will probably have to change the plug. So you *should* be able to use it until you can upgrade the circuit.

New question:rolleyes: The current ( 30 amp ) braeker is two ( 2 ) 30's conected together, does this meen it's a 60 amp, and if so, am I good to go? ( CHEERS ):beer: