• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

351w cam

electrican said:
89 is a roller block from what I understand

I havnt actually tore into my 89 351w, but from my reading, I thought they were all hydraulic flat tappets lifters, and didnt' have provisions for lifter guides for roller lifters.

Wikipedia says 1994, probably for the 1995 model year.

351w.jpg

there is a aftermarket set-up where you can run roller cam and lifters in a non roller block. There is a plate that connects the two lifters together to keep them from twisting to keep the lifters in line on the cam.

You can also take the lifters and crossbones and the holddown out of the 302 and drill and tap the Windsor as well as any other ford v8 block and put the stuff in it ive done it to a windsor and my 400 m works perfect but be careful and not get crazy with the drill because the two bolts go in above the came bearings.

the omly thing I have to worry aboouy on this ford motor is being able to feed enough fuel to it. I may be wrong but believe that t is going to be off the hook. Have to see if the chevy buss is going to be able to keep up with it. Done got a taste of the shacks on the big hills and kind of like,

specs on the motor. 4340 Scatt steel crank, H beam rods, Forged pistions, 64cc aluminum heads,288/512 cam full roller, aluminum dual plane intake,moroso deep rear sump oil pan, High flow after market water pump, Billet small cap distributer, msd 6 al box, broke down and ordered a MSD high tourque starter because of being worried about the high compression and not wanting to have to worry about getting it to start,double roller adjustable timing set, and off course all coming out of a 351 windsor block that has had just a small amount of machining done for a stroker= just a little old 302 (lol lol )

I'll be interested to see how this runs on propane with a single mixer/evap.

I'll be building up my 351w (also an 89 truck block) eventually and would rather go propane than to an aftermarket EFI setup... The stock efi isn't really tuneable.

Ive never had anything on propane got a buddy that runs it on his 350 it is a new motor msd ignition and a new kit and sometimes not all the time it pops and cracks plus i get a headache for two days after being behind him. My setup is a cobra intake with a b303 cam trick flow ported heads with 24 lbs injectors 70mm throttle bodie and a pro m bullet mass air meter stock a9l computer with all the egr cut out of the harnesss and it will smoke the 47s off it dont surge and carry on like some due either as good a luck that ive had with this setup now i would not do anything else.

realy leaning more to a dual propane set-up the more I think about it. Just can't make my mind up.

i think you will be ok with the single set up dont over think it, my 433 ford loves propane and it has 12.5 compression flat tops with port and polished heads.

Im runnin a single impco 425 on a built chevy 358 was flat tops, hbeams, angle milled dart head, huge cam 13:1 and it runs it great, only problem is when its shut off for a few minutes , i hafta purge the propane with the button on the regulator, then it fires right up