• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 37" DOT Treps - Grooved

jordan7118

I have a set of DOT Treps that have been grooved. The outer lugs transitioning to the sidewalls are up to 1.5" deep. The middle is 19/32nds on average.

You'll notice some of the pics in the album are from before the groove job. The idea was to remove some rubber to create voids for the lugs to grab better and wrap a little better. I'm pleased with how the groove came out, but now I'm moving to the world of stickies.

In all my years of perusing the world of off-road online classifieds, I've never seen a set of 37" for a 17" wheel DOT Treps; in fact, I was told these were stickies when I bought them. After digging through lots of info on the net, I'm finally fairly confident they are DOT. There is a slim chance they are stickies, but I really don't think so.

That being said, it's tough to put a price on them because there's nothing out there to compare to in the used market, plus they're pretty far from how the factory rolled them out. They have right at about 22 to 24 hours of grooving in them as a set of (4), going down to the first layer of cords in spots, which doesn't concern me; these tires are bias-ply and super tough.

Asking $1000, or best offer. In Hot Springs, AR and text is best - 501 two6two 80 18 Jordan

https://www.flickr.com/gp/53518105@N02/brEr37

http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-149-105-trepador-m8060

joho75287 said:
Good seller here...have dealt with Jordan before and he is top notch!!
GLWS
Shucks... Thanks, Chris! Nothing like meeting at the boat ramp on Mud Island to buy a mount for an 8274 to a stranger ya meet off the internet laughing1

If a cut Bogger and a Trep had a baby, this is what it would look like :woot:

jeeptj99 said:
drool

you ever get towards east Tennessee?
No, not really, but I will gladly put them on a pallet and ship via Fastenal. Should be around $150.

Comp tires are dot too pretty sure these are stickes bias non comp just came out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donks said:
Comp tires are dot too pretty sure these are stickes bias non comp just came out

You are correct in that stickies do have a DOT number. I'm using "DOT" in the sense that these are non-comp / not sticky. I will gladly sell these to someone as a sticky, but I truly don't think they are. They're still quite soft for a "DOT", as the other Maxxis tires are in the "DOT" flavor, but I don't think they're a sticky.

I gotcha but unless somebody killed them the bias just came out on the last year

Against my better judgement, I'll ask:

- the aggressive groove job make people leery?
- not knowing if sticky or DOT the hold-up?
- priced too high for the above two question marks?

I would like to see someone use these. I've had a taste of the sticky icky, and I just can't go back to DOT. My driving skills lack, so stickies help me keep up :-\

Offer up an opinion if you'd like. I have too much stuff.

Since you asked, it's probably the aggressive groove job mixed with a DOT tire. IMO most people who want an off road only tire want a sticky and on the other hand most who want a DOT tire won't want the aggressive groove job. Just my .02 but who knows. I think the price is about right. Personally I agree with an above post it's like a Trep and a Bogger had an illegitimate child after a night of sex drugs and rock and roll. I dig em' :woot:

Latest posts