• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 37" DOT Treps - Grooved

Those tires are stickies.

Did you look at the date code? Maxxis has only made a bias ply non-sticky for like 1 year.

All the maxxis stickies still have dot stamps.

jeepmedic said:
Since you asked, it's probably the aggressive groove job mixed with a DOT tire. IMO most people who want an off road only tire want a sticky and on the other hand most who want a DOT tire won't want the aggressive groove job. Just my .02 but who knows. I think the price is about right. Personally I agree with an above post it's like a Trep and a Bogger had an illegitimate child after a night of sex drugs and rock and roll. I dig em' :woot:
Good point about people wanting a streetable DD tire if it's DOT. Thanks for the input! I think you're spot on.

TBItoy said:
Those tires are stickies.

Did you look at the date code? Maxxis has only made a bias ply non-sticky for like 1 year.

All the maxxis stickies still have dot stamps.
Yeah, that is true about all stickies having a DOT code. The thing that leads me to believe they're not stickies is they don't say "COMPETITION" on the sidewall like other 37" Trep stickies do, and they don't have the yellow or orange "hot patch", but those may have worn off. Date code is late 2007, I believe, so maybe they've lost their softness?

DOT Treps have been available overseas for many years now I think, so maybe these came that way? I'm not sure.

kushKrawlin said:
If u grab a lug, right then you will know if it's a sticky. No ****.
I have a set of 37" stickies to compare to, and these grooved ones are close but not quite. I just don't know... :dunno:

Back from the graveyard.

I wheeled these in February when it was super muddy, and they hook up like glue in the dirt.

$850

Metalic said:
Would you ship via Fastenal? If so I'll show my buddy as he's looking for tires
Yes, I will. Shipping an axle to AL on Monday hopefully if it's not raining. I've shipped with them a lot, and they seem to be very reasonable.