• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3D Design Software/Programs

e4cutler

I'm been thinking about finding a general purpose 3D design software that I can use to draw up projects. Right now I'm just stuck with my etch-a-sketch, crayons or Microsoft Excel skills. Curios if you guy's have any recommendations or previous experience with these types of programs to help give me some guidance. Not looking for something to design a house but, mostly stuff like gates, fire pits, bumpers, etc. Just something I can use to develop a rendering of my ideas to see if I actually like it or not before I start buying material and building. If it had capabilities of spitting out dimensions of the pieces that would be a great feature to have. I have no previous experience with these types of programs so difficulty level would also be a factor however, I'm pretty comfortable using computers.

google sketchup is free for the basic program

whatever you end up with, there are thousands of video tutorial/examples on how to draw stuff, so it's pretty easy to learn how to do basic stuff

TBItoy said:
google sketchup is free for the basic program

whatever you end up with, there are thousands of video tutorial/examples on how to draw stuff, so it's pretty easy to learn how to do basic stuff

Thanks for the help, I'll look into that one for sure!