• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3rd Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom County) Snow Run! (TBD)

Uh oh....

REST OF TONIGHT

WINDY. SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 5000 FEET. NEW SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 4 INCHES. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES 20 TO 30 MPH.

TUESDAY

SHOWERS IN THE MORNING...TAPERING IN THE AFTERNOON. SNOW LEVEL 3500 FEET. SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 6 INCHES. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES IN THE MID 30S. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES 10 TO 15 MPH.

TUESDAY NIGHT

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE EVENING. CLOUDY WITH RAIN AND SNOW DEVELOPING NORTH PART AFTER MIDNIGHT AND SPREADING SOUTH. SNOW LEVEL 3000 FEET. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES NEAR 10 MPH IN THE EVENING BECOMING LIGHT.

WEDNESDAY

RAIN AND SNOW. SNOW LEVEL 3000 FEET. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER 30S. SOUTHEAST WIND IN THE PASSES NEAR 10 MPH.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT

SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 2500 FEET. SOUTHWEST WIND IN THE PASSES NEAR 10 MPH.

THURSDAY

SHOWERS LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 1000 FEET. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES NEAR 30.

THURSDAY NIGHT

SNOW LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 1500 FEET.

FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY

SHOWERS LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 1500 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY

CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 1000 FEET.

SUNDAY NIGHT

CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL BELOW 500 FEET.

I mean, YAY! :cheer:

so basically we're going to be setup with one of the best snow wheeling conditions out there!!!

the 'hard wet stuff' is only about a foot or so, and more melted today. Then we get blasted by 3ft of POWDER. OMG saturday will rock!!

I will be meeting others at 7:30 at Bobs Burgers in Sumas. If you don't wanna go that far north, meet us in Glacier at 9am. we will be on the main road across from the little grocery store there. look for jeeps and other built rigs. can't miss us.

so basically we're going to be setup with one of the best snow wheeling conditions out there!!!

the 'hard wet stuff' is only about a foot or so, and more melted today. Then we get blasted by 3ft of POWDER. OMG saturday will rock!!

I will be meeting others at 7:30 at Bobs Burgers in Sumas. If you don't wanna go that far north, meet us in Glacier at 9am. we will be on the main road across from the little grocery store there. look for jeeps and other built rigs. can't miss us.

There is plenty of tow rig parking right Jakob?

That place is good eats! But the rong direction for me. Is any ond going to hit the big bear for breky. Not realy interested in going to bobs. Also rong way.:booo:

There is plenty of tow rig parking right Jakob?
Not right at the turnoff for Twin Lakes....in fact, you will likely have to drive the highway for a bit....
Jakob, I am going to suggest to you that for those interested in coming, but tow their rigs, you might want to run up there and scout out parking for rigs/trailers with distances from there to the trail head...Would answer a lot of folks questions/eliminate a lot of cunfusion & frustration the day of....:;There are folks talking about coming clear from the Puyallup area for this...:eeek:
Where is that at?:eeek:
up hiway 9 between Sedro woolley and Deming...good food!!!
That place is good eats! But the rong direction for me. Is any ond going to hit the big bear for breky. Not realy interested in going to bobs. Also rong way.:booo:
I'll be at the HUNGRY BEAR in Deming for breaky (if I can make it)--7:30 am...Sam this is also a good place to eat!!!:D

Unfortunately I won't have time to go down and inspect. but assuming there is snow at the snow shed, we'll have to do the following:

20101118-gk4bcjrf61e3c123n64ecd4p51.jpg

And that parking area (the green circle one) is plowed.

If we can't make it too far up twin lakes road, we could take Rd. 32 also, it goes a few miles back up in there.

Thanks Jakob...:awesomework: What about anything below the snow shed????
EDIT: Nope doesn't look like it for many miles....Looks like the best spot is that spot in the green circle.:cool:

yah that is correct. I don't think it'd be a good idea for people to drive buggies down HWY-542 from Glacier.. although that would be funny!!! :redneck:

Currently, the snow shed is clear of snow. But this will change tomorrow. Snow levels are around 2500ft, the snow shed is at 2000. Tomorrow's storm will put the levels to about 1500ft and drop about 2ft of snow. Hopefully the snow between thurs and friday will allow us to still get through.

So we have to drive trailered rigs on the highway to get there? This could get sketchy as i dont even have a plate only ORV tags

So we have to drive trailered rigs on the highway to get there? This could get sketchy as i dont even have a plate only ORV tags

Just for a half-mile. It should be fine. We'll all meet up at the parking lot and caravan down the street. Worse case (like an officer sitting at the snow shed.. although never saw this before), you'll offload at the trailhead and someone in a street legal rig will shuttle you back from the parking lot.

Looks like it will have some fresh stuff up there . From the newest corcast it looks like somewhere between 4 and 12 inches of new by Saturday

So you get that rolling death trap back in tip top mechanical shape?:redneck::fawkdancesmiley:

Got it done last night. Still don't have a torque arm but it will be fine in the snow. I will be there as long as my tow rig dosent get stuck in a drift..........:looser:

Just for a half-mile. It should be fine. We'll all meet up at the parking lot and caravan down the street. Worse case (like an officer sitting at the snow shed.. although never saw this before), you'll offload at the trailhead and someone in a street legal rig will shuttle you back from the parking lot.

Kk im trustin you hahahha thats a scary thought, last time that happened i ended up on my lid:fawkdancesmiley::haha: