• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4.0 jeep muffler brands

rpf500

I'm wanting to change my current oval style muffler of unknown brand to a round tube style one. Like a glass pack shape basically. It's packaged between my skid plate and floorboard, and it's hot. I've tried wrapping it and adding a heat shield. I could relocate it to under the rear seat, but then the kids will be hot. Plus, it requires more work. Anyway, I want to know what brand you guys have used and what's good and bad. Right now it's pretty quiet and sounds decent when I get on it and that's what I'm after. I don't want some **** that sounds like a teenager in foreign car.
Thanks for any info.

Had a Magnaflow round muffler on my old 95 XJ. They have them in different lengths and it was only about $65. I liked the sound it had.

untchabl said:
Had a Magnaflow round muffler on my old 95 XJ. They have them in different lengths and it was only about $65. I liked the sound it had.

I was gonna suggest a magnaflow as well. I haven't personally heard one on a jeep, or if I have I didn't know it. Anyways, I have heard several vehicles with different styles of magnaflow and they all sounded great.

It's not round but I have a banks monster cat back system on my yj.... I got it on sale in 2007 n other than a few dents it's still like new...

The muff is under the back seat but there is a factory heat sheild over it...

As for hot, I did my whole floor with lizard skin ceramic and it made a HUGE difference.... I just painted it on w a brush... Maybe 1/16" thick..

Thanks for the replies guys.

I found a lot of magna flows on Amazon that will work for me. I think I am going to go that route. Although the $30 Cherry Bomb price is appealing.

Chef717 and UNTCHABL, how does the magnaflow sound at low speed? I want to hear my radio when I'm trail riding and slow speed crawling.

My banks is the same way... I don't hear exhaust on the highway at all but it has a nice tone listining to someone drive off.

I'm telling ya. I love my cherry bomb. Good tone all around. It's flaking like hell and looks like crap. But it's under the jeep getting beat on. So I don't really care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk