• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4.3 questions?

mike d

I put a 98 4.3 Vortec in my 95 v6 4Runner. Im using the stock GMC harness. Downey says that i can use my stock fuel pump, I have everything wired up. I can crank it over, and all my ignition is hooked up bla bla bla. As of right now i cant get it to start up. After doing some reading and asking howell for some documentation for using my stock harness, there manual states that i must have a fuel pressure of 60 to 65 PSI. I be live toyotas efi pumps run at 45. Am i wasting my time using the toyota pump? Also if i don't have my Check engine light on the toyota hooked up to the MIL on the gmc ECM, would that not let the motor start, I wouldn't think so, but i figured i would ask. I have lots more trouble shooting, but it gets loud in a condo garage at night with open pipes and i cant keep cranking it over right know to late. Guess i will wait tell the daytime to continue with the testing.

THANKS

I put a 98 4.3 Vortec in my 95 v6 4Runner. Im using the stock GMC harness. Downey says that i can use my stock fuel pump, I have everything wired up. I can crank it over, and all my ignition is hooked up bla bla bla. As of right now i cant get it to start up. After doing some reading and asking howell for some documentation for using my stock harness, there manual states that i must have a fuel pressure of 60 to 65 PSI. I be live toyotas efi pumps run at 45. Am i wasting my time using the toyota pump? Also if i don't have my Check engine light on the toyota hooked up to the MIL on the gmc ECM, would that not let the motor start, I wouldn't think so, but i figured i would ask. I have lots more trouble shooting, but it gets loud in a condo garage at night with open pipes and i cant keep cranking it over right know to late. Guess i will wait tell the daytime to continue with the testing.

THANKS

45 isn't going to be enough.....

Yeppers, Just read that. Crap!!!!! Whats cheaper finding a used stock vortec pump or getting one from jegs or summit. Or i guess i could not be a lazy ass and look my self.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Frame mount--bullet style I can't remember the damn carter #...

Maybe? Didn't have the pressure specs.

Carter General Motors EFI In-Tank Fuel Pumps
Feed the need for more fuel.

Camaros, Firebirds, and Grand Nationals can require more fuel if any injector, fuel pressure regulator, computer PROM, turbo charger, or wastegate modifications have been made to the engine. Now you have a proven replacement in Carter's GM EFI in-tank fuel pumps, which provide 30 percent more fuel flow than the stock pumps at typical OE fuel system pressures. They feature a roller vane pump design, just like that of the OE units they replace, but with a performance edge.

CRT-P60288 Fuel Pump, Electric, EFI, In-Tank, Chevy/ Pontiac, Corvette 1982/ Camaro/ Firebird 1982-83, 5.7/ 5.0L, Each