• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 Door Jeep JKU...??

Yeah im thinking it is worth the extra money to go with a Rubicon especially running a larger 35'' tire which is what she wants and not always feel like the engine is under a load trying to pull the larger tires.

I have an 07 with 160k miles on it. I have driven it daily for almost 6 years. Motor sucks, even with 5.38 gears it is a dog. I have 35's, had 37's. Mileage sucks, but it seems reliable and rarely has an issue. I have replaced an alternator, AC compressor and Water pump in 6 years.

If you are interested in the LS swap, RPM Extreme in Gardendale is an expert in it. People come from all over the country to get the swap done there. John tuned motors on the Hesco dynco for years, he knows what he is doing...

Yeah i have spoke with RPM, Its roughly $19,000 turn key with them supplying everything and have it done in 2 weeks.

$7000 is there DIY package with everything supplied ready to plug and play with Me sourcing my own 4th gen engine and 6l80e trans and doing the swap myself

These are my options, I've found
07-08 Rubicon with higher miles for $14-18k
Or x and sport models with accessories and high miles for 12-16k
Do a 6.0 swap with everything RPM supplies and me source motor and trans. Have roughly$10k in the swap not counting my time and probably paint it the color she wants while it's down.
Or
2012-2013 Rubicon with 70-110k miles for $26-32k.

How much could you buy a wrecked 2wd for? 6.0/6.2 swap, 6l80/np24? , 05+ SD60 /10.5 Swap (kits available)

Seems like you'd end up with a much more reliable and useful vehicle if you wanted to put in the time and labor.

I think I'd just buy a newer Rubi and let it ride. ( but I don't own a body shop and my wife hates jeeps molaugh)

I did a gear swap on a '15 sport a few months back. Went from 3.73-5.13. Guy is running 40s and said it was night and day different. After the gear swap the computer had to be reprogrammed for the trans to even shift, went into limp mode. Dude said dealer wanted $500ish to reprogram so he bought an aftermarket programmer for <$400. I do agree that they all need more hp if you go bigger than stock tires or tow even a lawnmower trailer. The 3.6 is not as much of a dog as the 3.8 but as the saying goes " there is no displacement for displacement". If you can find one with a bad engine or transmission it would be a easy decision to go ahead and upgrade to a v8.

zayne2427 said:
Yeah i got a buddy with a dealers license looking for me one.
LIke I said, I paid 10,100 for my rubicon with 34 or 36,000 miles at auction. I bought another real nice black 9 rubi one with the frame diamond'd from a single front rail hit that needed 4 hours on frame machine and a grille for 10,500, and my buddy now drives the nicest of the bunch, a black 11 rubi with 20K and the right front wheel cleaned off for 11. All the stuff off the 30 fits the front except the third. We have put 3 or 4 front housing together from parts. Mine had a front housing broke in half. Hell they need sleeved anyway, there is now a piece of 1/4 wall DOM sleeved in there, weldered her back up.

The guy that used to have his rebuilders license and buy us salvage title vehicles retired. We would build them and he retitled for us but now thats not an option now that he let his license and insurance expire. I have a buddy that has his dealers license and goes to the sale every week but does not have his rebuilders license to buy totaled cars. Ive looked into getting all the license myself but it drives my shop insurance higher than i can justify right now

zayne2427 said:
The guy that used to have his rebuilders license and buy us salvage title vehicles retired. We would build them and he retitled for us but now thats not an option now that he let his license and insurance expire. I have a buddy that has his dealers license and goes to the sale every week but does not have his rebuilders license to buy totaled cars. Ive looked into getting all the license myself but it drives my shop insurance higher than i can justify right now

I have a salvaged title vehicle I need retitled :****:

Wow your state sucks. dealers license means you can buy what you want and go get it inspected when you're done. I had both mine inspected by a local hipo, call him, he comes while on the clock, write a check for $10 and he inspects, signs paper, puts new vin sticker on to brand salvage, see ya.

Here you have to have rebuilders license, full documentation of where you bought parts, and I believe now you have to have pics, then bring it to Montgomery (state capital) to get inspected. It's a bit of a headache

zayne2427 said:
Here you have to have rebuilders license, full documentation of where you bought parts, and I believe now you have to have pics, then bring it to Montgomery (state capital) to get inspected. It's a bit of a headache
I kept every receipt, they want to make sure no stolen parts, and they're sticklers on jeeps, as there are a lot of stolen ones with parts floating. That said, have your proof of parts and call the hipo, $10 later I'm rolling