• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 link tube length

cutngut

Owensboro KY - Nick
I have a yj that is SOA. The front half of the frame has been stretched about 8 inches
My WB is 117. I would like to keep the WB the same. Jus works good. Anyways im ready
For a 4 link and jus curious how you fellas calculate for the actual length of your
Link tubes. Thanks

Re: Re: 4 link tube length

Imo, anything over about 40" bends easy and is not needed unless your rig sets up real high or something.

Building under/around the frame will kind of dictate the length.

You planning on tri uppers/lowers/both?

cutngut said:
Tri uppers. Gonna do frontend first. 16" coilovers of some sort. Plan on making all the brackets myself
Call EOR and they will make you a package deal on coilovers and tabs. You cut all those tabs out yourself and grind them down you will kick yourself for not coming off a few bucks a peice. :****:

BUG-E J said:
Call EOR and they will make you a package deal on coilovers and tabs. You cut all those tabs out yourself and grind them down you will kick yourself for not coming off a few bucks a peice. :****:

or at least get on DIY4x and order some generic tabs for shocks and stuff.

Tracing-cutting-grinding-drilling tabs = :puke:

When talking about length are we saying the actual length of the the link or the length that the 4 link calculator asks for? Which us a the distance from the link mount on the axle to the link mount on the frame. If triangulated this length will extend to the hypotenuse of the triangulation.

I have a plasma table and its still cheaper for me to buy bulk tabs and brackets unless I'm making custom ones.

cutngut said:
Thats some good stuff even tho it came from a ranger forum :puke: ;D

That's the 4 Wheel Off Road magazine article, it just happens that link is hosted on the ranger website. :wtflol:

Aint' got **** to do with rangers

cutngut said:
Is it a good rule of thumb to keep your uppers that much shorter?

not really,

That is kind of the "minimum".

If you are running a short dual cardan shaft in the rear (like in a Jeep), running shorter upper links will help keep the rear u-joint pointed at the rear yoke throughout travel.

TBItoy said:
That's the 4 Wheel Off Road magazine article, it just happens that link is hosted on the ranger website. :wtflol:

Aint' got **** to do with rangers

why does it have nuthin to do with Ranger's ????

I have been seeing triangulated 4 links under the Desert racing Rangers for 30 years or more....way longer than ever seeing them under Jeeps and Yotas....

l8r, John