• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 seat XP.

COPPERHEAD42 said:
We will see how it works out. I can see it sucking in a rhino. im alot wider then a rhino with way more suspension. I dont think it will be that bad but I could be wrong. I thought about selling and gettin a 4 but I just dont want to leave the xp.

I would stretch a "XP" if I had one already and needed more room. New cage...carrier bearing, peel out.

I dont need a 4 seater, not a RZR4 or stretched or stacked XP. Nothing against the RZR4 they are just way too long IMO, and for who will be riding with me, I have no need.
An XP with the Twisted Stich bench will fit me, West and a buddy, or just me and West. My wife will say she'll want to ride, and go place, but thats simply not a reality. And by the time our baby girl is old enough to ride this thing will be long gone.

I'd already been thinking about one for out at Bonneville to get around. My only hangup is that an XP plus my new racecar do not fit in my enclosed. Either have to swap out encloseds or always use two trucks (which we have been doing anyway)

COPPERHEAD42 said:
I ordered a 36" Bench and harness's along with cage bungs. I am going to lower my oil cooler and cut my rear bed. Should be able to get the seat to fit almost flush againist the floor. If everything works out now the top of the bench will be below my cage now. Im going to have to build a cage about 5" taller then I got now which should still look fine because my cage is fairly low now.

Do you mind throwing some pics up as you do this?

I am looking at going the same route and would like some direct feedback on how big of a tear up it is and if the results meet expectations.

Ya I do plan on showing pictures along the way . Yes kelly plans on making the 4 seat cages along with just 2 seat cages.

no turning back now

2011-08-13112513.jpg

2011-08-13113015.jpg

2011-08-13113022.jpg

2011-08-13113331.jpg

2011-08-13113337.jpg

2011-08-13113353.jpg

blacksheep10 said:
I think if you turn that seat around backwards you could get away with your old cage. Be like an old 80's station wagon with the puke seat

I always liked riding in the puke seat... but I dont think so in a RZR laughing1

Thanks for the update.

What was involved with dropping the oil cooler?

Have a plan yet for covering the hole in the bed?

I just cut the brackets for the oil cooler and then welded them back back together just lower. I plan to make a alum cover to cover hole in bed, here is the seat mounted
2011-08-15125946.jpg

2011-08-15130019.jpg

COPPERHEAD42 said:
I just cut the brackets for the oil cooler and then welded them back back together just lower. I plan to make a alum cover to cover hole in bed, here is the seat mounted
2011-08-15125946.jpg

2011-08-15130019.jpg

Looks good.

What is the seat mounted to?

Seat is bolted to the 4 tie down points in bed. I drilled them out to 3/8s and bolted the seat mounting brackets I made to them.

Latest posts