• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

J.A.B

So I got my quarterly statment in the mail today - all I can say is this **** ****in Sucks :mad:

I don't even look at mine anymore. I was way ahead of the game for a 25 year old, not any more.

you're not cashing your **** out now, are you?? Everything will be fine. There's people at work stopping their contributions right now which I think is dumb! Keep on keeping on and right now you're 401k is investing for u at these low stock prices. when everything goes back to normal your contributions from this period will blow up. Patience and faith my friend.

...hard to have faith in such a feeble fawked up world though.

Are you retiring in the next year or two? If no, then who fawking cares. If you are still contributing then you are buying at CHEAP ass prices so in the grand sceme it will be a wash.

There are great stocks out there trading for less than $20 share that earlier this year were over $50/share. Microsoft, GE, etc. They will come back, give it time

MUCHADO said:
you're not cashing your **** out now, are you?? Everything will be fine. There's people at work stopping their contributions right now which I think is dumb! Keep on keeping on and right now you're 401k is investing for u at these low stock prices. when everything goes back to normal your contributions from this period will blow up. Patience and faith my friend.

...hard to have faith in such a feeble fawked up world though.

No I am not changing anything - I don't even contribute that much - about 8% or so but still sucks. There are people here at work that have cashed out but I am not going to do that.

Matt O. said:
Are you retiring in the next year or two? If no, then who fawking cares. If you are still contributing then you are buying at CHEAP ass prices so in the grand sceme it will be a wash.

There are great stocks out there trading for less than $20 share that earlier this year were over $50/share. Microsoft, GE, etc. They will come back, give it time

Our company stocks were over $50 a share within the past year and yesterday hit $7... I just signed up for scott trade---gonna get in on that. Ain't got a butload to plunk down but I am gonna buy a few at least to try it out.

I have never messed with stocks, but about a month ago I got Scottrade and have bought several thousand in stock. My dad works at Regions and they are a very concservative bank. Well over $30/share and I got a ton of it for $8. Also bought Microsoft, GE and a few more. Search for undervalued stocks and Warren Buffett and you will find a bunch of good options out there. That is how Buffett made his fortune, buying undervalued stocks at a low cost. Companies like Mastercard and AmEx are both WAY down also.

InDaShop said:
you may want to check your risk policy. Most large (i.e. publicly traded) companies will not allow employees to openly purchase or sell shares. You typically have to wait until the "Trading Window" is open.

I talked to the rep at Scott Trade and he said I could openly buy stocks from BEAV even though I'm an employee--he said it doesnt matter. I will speak to someone here at work to confirm. Our stock is WAY down, last month we broke records in shipment #'s and our ****'s still way undervalued...

MUCHADO said:
I talked to the rep at Scott Trade and he said I could openly buy stocks from BEAV even though I'm an employee--he said it doesnt matter. I will speak to someone here at work to confirm. Our stock is WAY down, last month we broke records in shipment #'s and our ****'s still way undervalued...

Scott trade will not help here. You need to look at your employment policy and see what your company allows. At least, that is how I read his post.

InDaShop said:
Yep

I can not buy or sell my company Calpine unless the Trading Window is open. No **** the last time it was open was for the day of Hurrican Ike. The office was closed and the email servers were down. The closed it that same day. Everyone found out on Monday, talk about some pissed people.

Checked and alot of coworkers have been buying there is no window here...

Just threw down a little bit on some company stocks... Some bad stuff is going on in the aviation industry but we'll see. I hope it shoots up a bit thumb.gif

this is crazy:
54.09/12/27/07
52wk High/Date

5.59/11/21/08
52wk Low/Date

bailing out is the worse thing you can do. Where you lost it is usually the best place to find it. We are just buying shares at the sale price now. Dollar Cost Averaging!!!!!

buy cheap sell high

I think these people cashing out while it's at it's low point right now are ****ing idiots.

Oh yea and just Friday's price change from purchase to close on the **** I bought at 11:00 or so made me $150 :eek: laughing1 laughing1 hell yea!!