• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

race_jeep

So, after leaving my job what should I do with my 401k?
Leave it where it is?
Roll it into a Roth IRA?
Withdraw and invest in Hookers and blow?

Cash it out, burry the money and invest it later when the economy is down into things that people need

I put mine in a Roth, then pulled it to invest in our restaurant. I think hookers and blow would have been a better idea.

race_jeep said:
So, after leaving my job what should I do with my 401k?
Leave it where it is?
Roll it into a Roth IRA?
Withdraw and invest in Hookers and blow?

Leave it. It will cost the employer $ so they will encourage you to roll it out. Its an investment, no reason to touch it. If you new job has 401k you can roll it into a new 401k at no charge.

dont roll it into a roth. I am doing that now and its total BS. Only ones making out are the investment managers. I pay them more than the move is worth.

Cash it out and invest in my Electric Dog polisher. It is certain to revolutionize the world of dog polishing more so than any other product on the market. PM me for details.

ADMINISTRATOR

If you roll it out of your previous employers 401K into a traditional IRA you won't be restricted in how you can invest it. You can also do a self directed IRA and not pay some of the ridiculous management fees some 401K plans charge and hide in the fine print.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHASMAN9 said:
Cash it out and invest in my Electric Dog polisher. It is certain to revolutionize the world of dog polishing more so than any other product on the market. PM me for details.

ADMINISTRATOR
Hey I said NEED not hobbies. Maybe your auto correct changed it from turd?

Now. . . . turd polishing, that's an idea

LightBnDr said:
Hey I said NEED not hobbies. Maybe your auto correct changed it from turd?

Now. . . . turd polishing, that's an idea

I do have a line on fur lined sinks that was endorsed by Billy Mays himself. Maybe we could swap that technology to turdlets. I think we are on to something here, I'll make a few calls. :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

muddinmetal said:
Where is JD when you need him? :dunno:
Dude is using his investment income like he should be. Buildin him a business building that he will office out of and dang it if it doesn't just keep depreciating for the next 3 years. What a shame. . . . . .

I have rolled my 401k in the past into my new company's 401K.

If you roll a 401K into an IRA or Roth IRA, can you still contribute to the max of $6 income dependent?

My wife and I have 401k's and Roth IRA's. I've done Roth due to taxes will never seem to go down and I rather pay taxes now rather than later on when that's what I need to live off of.