• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

425 + boost ??

buhlandy

alright guys i got a 460 with rods and forged pistons.... and goin to try goin the twin turbo route... but im planning on aprox 10psi ... and runnin dual 425 mixers... and been reading about boost referencing ... and ppl sayin 10 psi is ok to blow thru with it boost ref. does any one have any experience with this ? if so any pointer or info will be greatly appreciated... thanks

i didn't have any luck with the dual units either. if you are interested i have a adapter from propaneguy.com that goes from two units to one base plate. it is aluminum and about 3.5" thick.
no help with the turbo. it will be interesting if you can get it running

Man - it that works imagine the amount of propane that motor will go through!

BadRockOffroad said:
Ask the Bacon boys! they ran dual panes on a big motor not to long ago!

Ran? So they no longer run a dual plane? What was the reason for getting ride of it? The reason I ask is I have been pondering the idea of running dual mixers on my BBF-472

I also have never seen dual pane work right. I have not tried it myself, but I have a few friends that have without any luck. With this being said it gets even more complicated with 10 psi of boost. Once I got away from propane and went fuel injected, I won't run it again. It worked well for me while I had it, but it freekin ran different everytime I started it and used the crap out of fuel. I had everyone under the sun try to help and got nowhere. If it were me running a turbo, I would run fuel injection. Let me know how it goes, I love a turbo rig!

jimmy has tried two kits on two seperate engines and it sucked both times he went back to one kit and made more power . a freind of ours has a turboed buggy on propane and it works perfect no issues and it runs 8 psi . p.s. it has to have a blow off valve or it will die every time you lift off the throttle. hope this helps

We run two propane units on three different motors,they are all big blocks with 500 plus horsepower,they work great.We tried a single carb but couldn't get any top end,the second carb helped on top end.Be sure to carry plenty of tanks,they really like the propane.Best way is to run a dual carb intake.My opinion..

thanks tim... ya i been round the bacons and they def know their way around a big block ...

thanks tommy ... yeah i knew a blow off was required.... is your friend runnin a blow thru set up or doin a suck thru with the mixer before the turbo ?