• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

454 VORTEC UPGRADES

if you do the cam and valve train then you'll have to buy a converter
A stock Duramax won't get much better fuel mileage towing then if u add the extra cost of diesel you will probably go backwards

InittowiniT said:
Any response from Blackbear yet?

Not yet. Looked at their website the other day and they had just gotten back from the SEMA show. I would guess they are playing "catch up" still. I'm going to hit him up next week again.

I've towed with a 6.0, 5.7 and 5.3 Chevy, a 5.7 Hemi and a 360, a 5.9 Cummins and a 7.3 Powerstroke. Torque and rpms are a huge factor when it comes to towing....Unless your just to attached I'd sell that gas burner and never look back thumb.gif

Boombox said:
I've towed with a 6.0, 5.7 and 5.3 Chevy, a 5.7 Hemi and a 360, a 5.9 Cummins and a 7.3 Powerstroke. Torque and rpms are a huge factor when it comes to towing....Unless your just to attached I'd sell that gas burner and never look back thumb.gif

So you've never had a big block.... :gtfo:

;D Just a v10 Ford and Monteagle was a bitch! I will say the Hemi Did the best as far as gas burners i have towed with (in my opinion). To each there own though...I really think that a diesel is much more efficient at pulling than a gas burner and all it takes to wake them up is a good programmer vs. engine mods on a big block....

Heard from Blackbear. Suggested heads for performance due to port sizes. If I Dont want to do that...cam and headers. Think I'm going to try headers first and see what happens. I most likely won't go further than a cam.not trying to race just want a tad more low end.
Priced some diesels....I won't buy new can't afford it anyway. What I can find has more miles and I'd have to add 10k cash (after selling mine) to get a decent quad cad 4x4. I'll stay with what I have. Plus....I really like it.

Modern cnc ported aluminum heads are pretty amazing, even compared to what was available and considered good performance 15-20 years ago.

Might be worth it if you are planning to keep that truck...