• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

47re OD issues * Transmission issue

Jeepless

Sleep deprived and proud
I am no Transmission tech of any sorts and before I go out and pony up for a new one.:)

2002 dodge drw 3500 5.9

Thursday morning this damn thing started going between 3rd and 4th like it can not make up its mind. Has been doing it consistently ever since. If I turn the OD off it seems to calm down only having the behavior once in a trip to work and it shifts fine.

Has anyone had this experience? What did you do to resolve?

I have been reading on the interweb and have found a few guys Change fluid, filter, adjust the bands and replace the governor pressure transducer / governor pressure solenoid. Or am I on the wrong track?

How many miles since last trans service? Yeah, you're on the right track...seen several fixed with flush/adjusting bands/GPT/GPS replacement (or any combo of the above)...

plan on getting the computer reflashed as well, i work at jamies transmission in snohomish, if you want to bring it to me i can check it out for you. we dont charge to check out vehicles, its actually probably lockup switching in and out that you're feeling, if it is then plan on getting the computer reflashed

if you dont bring it to me make sure the shop you take it to looks at live data on the scanner and watches to see if the computer is commanding it or not, big difference. is the check engine light on?

other things that can cause that: coolant temp sensor, trans temp sensor (part of trans gov transducer), trans gov pressure sensor, accelerator pedal position sensor, brake switch, alternator just to name a few there are plenty more i can keep going but these are the most common

plan on getting the computer reflashed as well, i work at jamies transmission in snohomish, if you want to bring it to me i can check it out for you. we dont charge to check out vehicles, its actually probably lockup switching in and out that you're feeling, if it is then plan on getting the computer reflashed

if you dont bring it to me make sure the shop you take it to looks at live data on the scanner and watches to see if the computer is commanding it or not, big difference. is the check engine light on?

other things that can cause that: coolant temp sensor, trans temp sensor (part of trans gov transducer), trans gov pressure sensor, accelerator pedal position sensor, brake switch, alternator just to name a few there are plenty more i can keep going but these are the most common

No engine light has come on, the abs light has a few times. It does need some brake pads, and I just changed the alternator. PM me your # and we can talk.

Kevin, I have not had the truck for a year, so I guess this one is on me. Should have had the trans checked out when I got it.

if the check engine light is not on then you can pretty much rule out the solenoids, not totally i have seen some wierd things but most of the time if a solenoid goes out it usually throws a code. as far as the abs light i suppose it could be the brake switch but i havent seen that yet but i wouldnt rule that out either, like i said i have seen some wierd things.

pm sent by the way