• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4th Annual HCR Christmas Run Plus....

Symon623

Its a Hybrid
We had our annual Christmas run and dinner with the HCR. It had rained all night so we made a last minute change to the trail since the trail we had planned would have been a sloppy muddy mess and we dont do mud if we dont have to.......
P1070663.jpg

From here we kept winding our way accross the ridge untill we dropped down into the canyon that was our exit. We dis some hikin to show some an epic buggy trail and then finished the drive out and later met up for dinner.

Sorry for the low quality pics but my normal photographer was stayin in the truck with the heat to try and keep warm so she doesn't get sicker than she already is........

After dinner we stopped at the cabin to drop off Cristina and grab some necessities for a night run up on the rim to look for snow...... It was so foggy on top I couldnt see 40 feet in front of the truck, 40 MPH was all the faster I dared go even though I know the road pretty well...... we reached the rim road and there was only about 4" of the white stuff and slush...... we drove in a ways and locked the hubs in...... didnt bother airng down from 20 as I didnt figure we'd see much deeper than we were in.......

I was messin with the camera settings and couldn't get a decent pic because of the fog;

No flash, check out the difference between the kids HID's and my piss-ant headlights.......
P1070691.jpg

P1070692.jpg

The flash made it look like we were in a blizzard;
P1070693.jpg

P1070702.jpg

P1070706.jpg

We drove around mostly in 2wd for about an hour and a half and got into about 8" at the most..... it was melting while we were up there and really slushy....... still had fun though.

Makes me feel good that the kid spent his birthday weekend with the ole man for the 2nd year in a row....... wantin to wheel, especially in the snow, he's definately my son....

Great trip, with great friends as always..... Merry Christmas everyone.