• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4x4 endurance racing in WA?

ToyotaTom

I started talking about this subject in the Reiter Rock Crawl forum. Let's discuss this further here.

The hard thing will be logistics--where to have it at. Best place would be over east but I don't know how it is to work with the forest service on these types of things...

Maybe if we call it rock racing, like W.E.Rock but with longer courses, no cones and scored on time.

Omak area has cheap land. Most trees were burned up in the big fire. $500-$1000 an acre. Big parcels and not many residences to complain. About 5 hours travel time from the wet side.

Start by finding the location, landowner, and permitting process.

It is a logistical challenge. RRC requires DNR permit, insurance, and the crew to put it on. A small rock crawl is not easy to hold.

Insurance is the hardest thing to get. Also, do you want to make money on the event? The reason RRC has been so successful is we are a not for profit competition. If you want to hold an event for profit, the insurance in this area is not feasible.

By the by, the Timber Tamers have held events on both DNR and FS land, in both cases speed or "timed" events were very difficult to get into.

Speed scares the government.

Anyone want to race!

I have be in contact with a promoter at HRMC Horn Rapids Motorsport complex in Richland WA. They are very interested in a off road race truck/ buggy style event. They currently have the facilities and the room to support this style of racing. I will post more information as I get it.

Interesting. It would be great to see something out there. I may not race...but I would crawl/compete.

I would also drive down in the RV and spectate for sure!

I think there is enough people in the PNW with 'go-fast' rigs for somekind of event like that. Shame that the PNW Offroad events went away like they did. I know there is a UTV group trying to get some events together, NW Off-Road I believe.

Anyone want to race!

I have be in contact with a promoter at HRMC Horn Rapids Motorsport complex in Richland WA. They are very interested in a off road race truck/ buggy style event. They currently have the facilities and the room to support this style of racing. I will post more information as I get it.

YES

Keep us posted. The old events at straddeline were awesome "run what you brung" grass roots events.

Agreed. The last events that were put on by that guy that came up from Oregon (spacing on his name, it was like Bo or something) were the best. Cheap to enter, fun to do and low key, run what you brung. He did it for like two years then vanished. Is anything even happening at Stratteline any more? That place had potential and was only 1.5-2 hours away.