• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4X4XNorthwest at Rimrock

1982cj7

We spent the July 4th weekend at Rimrock, 2 cj's, 2yj's and 2 Rubicons. We ran Memorial Meadows up friday and down Blue Slide after a stop at Blue lake and the Blue Slide lookout.
DSCN0278.jpg

Brian on the hill.
DSCN0279.jpg

Jim on the hill.
DSCN0282.jpg

Jackie, Brian, and Jim headed into the snow.
DSCN0287.jpg

Brian and Tony in the rocks.
DSCN0281.jpg

Jackie, Brian, Jim.
IMG_0892.jpg

Brian taking Tony's cable to the top, Tony was the only one who was not locked up.

The next day we ran Butcher Knife to 615 to Narrow Neck.
DSCN0290.jpg

Brian on Butcher Knife.
DSCN0299.jpg

Brian at Narrow Neck.
DSCN0298.jpg

Tony getting a little out of shape on Narrow Neck, his first time there.
DSCN0302.jpg

My daughter Jackie on Narrow Neck.
DSCN0303.jpg

The other Brian, king of the mountain.

After Narrow Neck we went back to camp and then ran Pucker Ridge.
IMG_0896.jpg

Jackie.
IMG_0899.jpg

Brian.
IMG_0900.jpg

The spectators. :awesomework:
IMG_0895.jpg

Brian airing down some more.
We had a great weekend, one blown tire, one broken valve stem. Other than a little traffic jam on Blue Slide it was a good weekend.

I saw Chuck cowmans jeep this weekend while u guys were out.

Sitting in his driveway where its been for the last 2 years :haha: :haha: :haha:

Hey I know Brian. wheeled with him last year at Evan's.. Looks like a good time. :awesomework:

Good stuff, I recognize those spots, but Otter slide or Pucker ridge must be really groomed or opened up if you guys ran it with the windshields up?

I wish I could wheel there again. One of my fav's

I've been hearing reports from the Tamers that they ran a cubic ass ton of trails out there during the 4th. Hopefully I can go next year.

:mad::mad::mad:

Got anymore pics of Pucker? It's one that I've wanted to run (sort of) for a while now. I can never seem to find to many pics of it. Probably for good reason. Whats your take on it? I've heard both ends of the scale. From "don't do it, certain death, nearly impossible"...to "not that big of a deal, not as bad as all of the hype." Any advice/info on it?

I've heard both ends of the scale. From "don't do it, certain death, nearly impossible"...to "not that big of a deal, not as bad as all of the hype." Any advice/info on it?

I have ran it a couple times in a mildly built CJ7...didn't feel like it was that big of a deal. I say stay on the trail & have fun :cool:

I suppose it does depend on what types of trails you normally run :eeek:

Got anymore pics of Pucker? It's one that I've wanted to run (sort of) for a while now. I can never seem to find to many pics of it. Probably for good reason. Whats your take on it? I've heard both ends of the scale. From "don't do it, certain death, nearly impossible"...to "not that big of a deal, not as bad as all of the hype." Any advice/info on it?

The trail itself isn't difficult. It's more the pucker factor than anything. You really have to be confident in your rig and your ability to drive. Cause if you mess up, it's a long way down. The trail is very narrow, and the dropoffs are very extreme.

Here's a pic of my rig in 2007 after the off camber section, before the otter slide. No room for error.
dsc03101ab2.jpg

Last edited:
First pic is my old CJ7 sitting on Pucker Ridge
Second pic is of our group
Third pic is the view out the driver's door from the top of the ridge

Attachments

• IMG_2653_sm.jpg
    IMG_2653_sm.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2651_sm.jpg
    IMG_2651_sm.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 152