• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.0 5 Speed trans

camosnowman

So heres the question that i have in my head im lookin for a 5 speed tranny that i can put behind a mustang 5.0, i have the toyota V6 tranny laying around but im not sure if i can mate this maybe advanced adapters has something i havent looked that far into it, would like some input please thanks for your help. :stirpot:
Pete Bly

You can probably get by with the T5 but it's still a light duty trany like the AX15.

You could do a NV3500 as they are a little more burl than a light duty, adpaters should be available.

The best thing is a NV4500.

Well thanks for the help guys my buddy snowrunner is gettin me started with this and he threw the idea at me of the 5.0 so i thought it could be appreciate your help and any other info on this is very well accepted.
Pete Bly

Basically were yota guys and never dealt with ford chevy stuff. Were debating wether to go with a auto or manual or if we will use toy stuff or not. If we go auto itll be a manual valve body. What do you guys recomend for autos to throw behind the 5.0? Any other combinations that will be readily availble or cheap would be appreciated too.

Just stay away from a T%--they are pretty weak IMO.... I have rebuilt a few of them and a w series toy tranny is better built....

Just stay away from a T%--they are pretty weak IMO.... I have rebuilt a few of them and a w series toy tranny is better built....

Thanks for the advice crash. I dont remember what he currently has in his truck but we do have access to a r150 with about 60k on it. What are our options/recomendations for auto trannies?

Hey thanks for your help again guys i would like to keep it toyota i mean toyota is pretty hard to destroy for the most part i know my yota parts have been there and back so i would like to keep yota also just cause im familiar with it. thank you
Pete Bly:stirpot:

Yah understanable there i was just wondering if i could use the whol v6 tranny, i mean if i have to find something else thats cool i mean i can throw it that tranny up for sale, and get something else if need be but lookin for a 5 speed halfway light and durable concept snow wheeling toyota thanks for input though i appreciate anything i can get will help me alot thank you
Pete Bly

Yah understanable there i was just wondering if i could use the whol v6 tranny, i mean if i have to find something else thats cool i mean i can throw it that tranny up for sale, and get something else if need be but lookin for a 5 speed halfway light and durable concept snow wheeling toyota thanks for input though i appreciate anything i can get will help me alot thank you
Pete Bly
dont think you will find that bellhousing for a r150 (toy v6 trans) there was word that some are being made in Australia but i'm not sure?

edit: found them http://www.dellowauto.com.au/main.html

they have your bell housing

Last edited:
Hey wht sup man yah so i checked that sight and looked at it for awhile im not sure if im exactly lookin at the right **** i dunno ill look at it more but thank you much for the catalog ill prolly end up calling them to see wht they got appreciate it
Pete Bly