• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.3 folks, what air filter???

4ward

I'm trying to figure out how to get an air filter on the buggy, like now!!! Things are tight and I need to get the radiator set. What have you guys used?

Sean

I run a K&N on my 6.0. With a custom plastic pipe intake. I hate K&N's but when they have a million different sizes its hard not to use one. I would rather have an AEM dry one, that doesnt need oil. Either way I am not a believer in the theory intakes and mufflers add tons of horsepower, so get one that works and youll be fine. Hell the stock Donaldson filter on my Dmax will outflow anyone elses and its the stock OEM filter for them. :****:

If you want a relatively small round K&N that will slip perfectly on your MAF, I can get you the part number off of mine. I think it was less than 50 bucks from Summit

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RF-1039

Make your own platic intake elbow from the throttle body to the filter. You will be able to put the filter where ever you want it then.

Let me know if you want one. I got 20 of them brand new and still in the box for $30.00 each

Just a thought but Amsoil carries universal filters in many sizes and shapes.
EaAU-group_200px.jpg

Here is the sizes:

AMSOIL EaAU
AMSOIL Ea Air Induction Filters fit most of the popular intake systems available. They provide improved cold air intake and a level of engine protection only an Ea Filter can provide. AMSOIL is currently offering nine Ea Air Induction Filters with varying lengths and widths. These filters have flange IDs of 3", 3.5", 4", 4.125”, 4.5” and 6". Since these filters offer a universal fit, AMSOIL provides the dimension sheet below that customers can use to determine the proper filter for their applications. https://www.amsoil.com/products/ea_filters/EaAU_Features.pdf

They also have pre-filters that go over these to help catch dust. If interest pm me for prices.

Click here to find out more about Amsoil Air Filters