• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.3 Tech - How to make some power

J.A.B

So I am new to the late model stuff and need some guidance.

Whats the best bang for the buck to wake and old 5.3 up.

Looking at building a new buggy - smith buggy mostly likely and would like to keep this motor but know I would need more HP

JWP said:
Josh, I know where some 6.0L are close to us, If you want to go that route.

JWP

Saw where you called - was on land line will get back today.

If I buy a 6.0 still have to build it - but I may still be interested - I will call you

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_0410_gen_3_small_block/index.html

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_0411_ls1_mods_little_bro_part_2_tech/index.html

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_0411_lpe_gen3_gm_engine/index.html

Looks like if you put that big ass cam in, you lose all your torque on the low end to get 413hp. (and I'm sure you'd have to change converters)
:gay:

I've got a 5.3 in my buggy and don't "need" more power...but sure as hell would like to have some. I'd like to have a nice lope to it without pulling a plug wire off. laughing1

Check out complete street and performance cams. Looks like they have good rpm range for what we do, but they are testing on ls2 gto cars??? Not sure if they would act the same in a 5.3 app.

I'm going with a stock ls6 cam and ls6 behive valve spring with decked heads to rais the compression. Also some good flow headers. From the LS forms they said its good for about 420 hp.

ih8mud34 said:
I'm going with a stock ls6 cam and ls6 behive valve spring with decked heads to rais the compression. Also some good flow headers. From the LS forms they said its good for about 420 hp.

Changing your converter? How about the intake?

www.vincihighperformance.com has reccomended to me on a 6.0 with truck intake this cam spec .585 both sides-214*int 222*ehx duration @ 050" and LSA at 114* with 3* adv $445.00 running stock rockers LS6 valve springs and a stall at around 2600-2800 with all of the other obvious things headders good tune ect ect !!

yes changing the converter to about a 1500-1800. and the intake i was going to run a FAST intake. but i changed plans and im going to run the Dual carb conversion intake for LS engines. and run propane with Dual mixers. propane+high compression= good outcomes

I read an article last year with a junk yard $500 5.3l and a chinese turbo made 595 hp i think on a dyno. I'm just sayin'......

ih8mud34 said:

I have this setup, minus the headers..I am running stock manifolds. no way is it close to 400hp.

RV cam and computor programming in my 5.3, with 5.38 gear, really comes alive. had a guy with a hp tuner do some setup for me. big change when he was done.

I ran the cam, springs and tune for a TKES 450hp LS1 in my U4 car and it woke the motor up substantially. It would still be in the car of it hadn't blown up. I really liked it for the $$